Skype Issues - video freezing for one contact

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Toonster, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Toonster

Toonster

Hiya,
    I'm cross posting this from the Skype User forum as I'm not having any luck there!

I'm a new Linux user, using Linpus Linux Lite v1.0.21E on an Acer Aspire One netbook. I've got Skype V 2.0.0.72 for Linux (I cannot remember which version of Linux Skype I downloaded, as I had to download a number before I could get one which worked with Linpus)

I have been trying to call from New Zealand to the UK, my contact is using Window Skype (not sure what version)

Only for them, my video freezes; I will last about 20-30 seconds before I have to restart the video. However, when I call them from my husband's netbook (exactly the same settings), I can call fine. (Therefore I know that it is a problem with my set up specifically, and not the contact)

What do I need to do to get my Skype working properly? I am wary of downloading the Beta upgrade as I am not good enough with Linux to be able to fix any problems which crop up without a lot of handholding!

Any step-by-step solutions will be gratefully received (I suspect I might have a slightly incorrect version of Skype for Linux - if so, then which one would be best for the Linpus OS, and is there an easy way of changing over, or do I need to deinstall what I have and start again?)

Many thanks for your time and patience!
    Jo

Toonster, Dec 8, 2009
Ask a Question