skype on acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Linux' started by scotty1, Sep 13, 2009.

1. scotty1

scotty1

linux newcomer askes for help...
    I installed skype 2.0 on my acer aspire one 150 linpus netbook a few month ago.
    The installation was easy and I had no prblms
    Cause of some instability I wanted to upgrade to skype 2.1
    I downloaded the rpm of skype 2.1 and tried to install without having deinstalled version 2.0 before...
    Installation was quit with comment "successfully installed".
    Unfortunately I cannot start skype. I can see the icon on right mouse click and network but it does not start. I tried to reinstall former version that worked but did not succeed to find the downloadlink (skype-2.0.0.72-fc5.i586.rpm) again.
    :-( :-(
    If there is anybody knowing a hint I would be glad... thanks!

Two days later I tried this with sm file and fortunately it worked but nowbody should ask me how I did this.. :p
    Eventually somebody can give me a good advice where to find a good intro for linps or linux not to continue being a stupid MS-coming man any longer :-D :-D

scotty1, Sep 13, 2009
  2. scotty1

Darryl

The older versions can only be obtained from skype if you register as a developer. Either install the static binary file on the download page or get your old version from here..
    http://www.acer.com/aspireone/support/files/connect.html
    extract and click on the .sh (shell script)

Darryl, Sep 14, 2009
  3. scotty1

mac100

FIt would be handy if this worked but for Skype &FF£ this brings up message can' recognise archive format and exits

mac100, Oct 16, 2009
Ask a Question