SlCKB0Y Kernel 2.6.29.1 Downloads - Update!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by SlCKB0Y, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SlCKB0Y

2manydjs

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to flash your firmware. Check the website for the b43 driver (flashing in Ubuntu is suppose to be quite easy).

2manydjs, Apr 18, 2009
  2. SlCKB0Y

galip91

Ok.... I just updated the default kernel. In stead of sickboy's kernel i loaded up Ubuntu with that default kernel. And whatchaknow, wifi works. Directly after that, i rebooted Ubuntu but this time with sickboy's kernel and wifi seems to work there also.

I don't know what I did, but I'm happy :D

thnxs!

galip91, Apr 18, 2009
  3. SlCKB0Y

argee

I downloaded and installed Kuki_3.0_rc_1.6. It worked well, and, on my A110L, wonder
    of wonders, the right hand card reader works when a card is plugged in. The stock
    kuki kernel was 2.6.28.3.

I just installed the 2.6.29.1-sickboy 20090414 kernel. With the new kernel, the right
    hand card slot no longer works. I am aware of the workarounds, but I was hoping
    that the slot would work out of the box. It does not.

I'll have a bit more testing soon!

--argee

argee, Apr 19, 2009
  4. SlCKB0Y

2manydjs

I have installed the Kuki kernel before on stock 110L (8GB SSD) and it has always worked very well. Now I'm trying to use it on my dual boot (OS X and Ubuntu) AAO with a 30GB 1.8" HD. I have a 5GB EXT2 partition for Ubuntu and installed xubuntu (but the problem is exactly the same with crunchbang). After the normal install I use
    Code:
    dpkg -i linux-image-etc linux-headers-etc
    to install the kuki/sickboy kernel. After the next restart the bootsplash shows up, but the progress bar doesn't load, it just moves from one side to the other, until I get the following error..
    [attachment=0:j1pmaevu]DSC00398.jpg[/attachment:j1pmaevu]
    I have checked the UUID in /boot/grub/menu.lst and it's the same for the stock kernel (which still works), I've also replaced it with /dev/sda3 but that gives me the same error ("/dev/sda3 does not exist"). What would be the reason for this problem and how could I fix it? Thanks for any input!

2manydjs, Apr 19, 2009
  5. SlCKB0Y

lotus49

What does the modprobe error message mean that is shown in 2manydjs post above? The modules.dep file referred to is present so the text of the error message isn't enormously helpful.

I had the same error message with sickboy's previous kernel. I am wondering whether my inability to use my 3G modem is connected with this.

lotus49, Apr 19, 2009
  6. SlCKB0Y

BazookaAce

I installed Sickboy's kernel two days ago, but i noticed that it makes things pretty "laggy". When i'm listening to music it lags allmost all the time. I booted up in the stock kernel again, and the problem is gone.

Any ideas why Sickboy's kernel is causing this?

BazookaAce, Apr 20, 2009
  7. SlCKB0Y

Nudnik_de

Hy there,

I'm running 9.04 with 2.6.29.1.20090414.sickboy kernel. Unfortunately I can't get acerhdf to run. No result, not even an error message when doing
    Code:
    sudo modprobe acerhdf
    Has anyone an idea what could be wrong?

thanks

Nudnik_de, Apr 20, 2009
  8. SlCKB0Y

exwannabe

This happens before / has been m mounted, the file is missing from initrd. I have never cared (it doesn't matter). And if I did I would probably yank the initrd completely as I run on my own kernel build.

exwannabe, Apr 21, 2009
  9. SlCKB0Y

tomt

Will this kernel work with Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix ?? on the 8.9" Acer One

Will this work on the 10.1" Acer One ?? if not is there a new or replacement kernel for that ?

tomt, Apr 21, 2009
  10. SlCKB0Y

garion

I have the same error of "2manydjs" with acer aspire one d150 (10") and xubuntu 9.04.
    anyone can help me?

garion, Apr 21, 2009
  11. SlCKB0Y

draft

I have a similar problem as BazookaAce with a laggy system. I'm using the latest kernel from sickboy (2.6.29.1.20090414 - BTW, fanatsic job man!). The problem is that the ondemand governor does not react by increaing clock speed e.g., when watching a flash movie. Its similar to the problem described here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1111090. Since I do not have Interpid anymore, and the solution seems to be to set the up_threshold, could anyone give me the numbers using 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold' with Interpid?

draft, Apr 21, 2009
  12. SlCKB0Y

hasfrochbuster

I have the same instalation (same kernel) and I have the same exact issue, I actually didn't notice it in any other app, besides the Flash movies!!!

Any Idea how to fix it?

THX in advance.

hasfrochbuster, Apr 27, 2009
  13. SlCKB0Y

forevernomad

First time poster, but I had to share.

I had the same problem I was expecting the acerhdf info to show in the terminal, it doesn't, you will need to go and look in the messages file, it will be towards the end, I am missing the CPU temp info but the fan still kicks in when it gets a little hot.

forevernomad, Apr 29, 2009
  14. SlCKB0Y

spinnekopje

The fix with pciehp works with the 2.6.28 kernels, but not with the 2.26.29 kernels. Anyway that's what I noticed after testing a bit.

spinnekopje, Apr 30, 2009
  15. SlCKB0Y

Infected24

where are the kernel headers for the 2.6.29 kernel? It is necessary to install, or just installing the kernel image is enough?

thanks in advance

Infected24, Apr 30, 2009
  16. SlCKB0Y

draft

My solution to fix this issue is to use the power governor. The power governor keeps the CPU clock at full speed. Since, you do not save power by changing the CPU clock (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9608&start=130) much, I think this is acceptable. Is it possible to measure power usage in milliwatts to make a more accurate measurement?

draft, May 3, 2009
  17. SlCKB0Y

Kravchenko

It will be wonderful to see all the kernel patches applied to the kernel. I have to build my own one based on SICKBOY's because I need the ecryptfs ad garmin serial modules enable.

SICKBOY give us patches please! :)

Kravchenko, May 4, 2009
  18. SlCKB0Y

robby

I'm having a similar problem to another poster with acerhdf - after doing sudo modprope acerhdf (and also adding it to the modules list at bootup) nothing happens - by this I mean that the fan still stays constantly whirring away whatever the temperature. Is there anything else that I need to do to get it working? Also it was mentioned to check the messages file - where do I find this. Excuse my ignorance - I like dabling and my knowledge is increasing but still pretty new to all this. Just know I like the idea of a silent (for most of the time) AAO.

Thanks for any help

robby, Jun 12, 2009
  19. SlCKB0Y

SlCKB0Y

I'll update in the next few days

SlCKB0Y, Jun 20, 2009
  20. SlCKB0Y

jbernardo

I've now built 2.6.30 (from karmic's git) with your config, as I wanted the intel drm and kms fixes, and still have corruption on the sdcard if it is mounted as /home... I first thought it was working fine, but found out after a few suspend/resumes that indeed I was losing data, fast. Don't know where more to look, I have even compiled all sd/ms stuff into the kernel instead of as modules, but the corruption is still happening. Have you tried the 2.6.30 kernels yet?

jbernardo, Jun 22, 2009
Ask a Question