SlCKB0Y Kernel 2.6.29.1 Downloads - Update!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by SlCKB0Y, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SlCKB0Y

SlCKB0Y

Re: SlCKB0Y/Kuki kernel 2.6.28 Release

Hi,

Yea this was my mistake, I accidentally removed support for this. Hold tight, I'll have a new version up within 24 hours fixing this issue.

SlCKB0Y, Jan 23, 2009
  2. SlCKB0Y

SlCKB0Y

Can you tell us exactly what you have tried?

Are you trying to tell me the headers dont work for you?

What ubuntu are you using

c'mon, we need info man!
    :D

SlCKB0Y, Jan 23, 2009
  3. SlCKB0Y

Kravchenko

Why fuse module not present?

Kravchenko, Jan 23, 2009
  4. SlCKB0Y

2manydjs

Add the module yourself if you need it.

2manydjs, Jan 23, 2009
  5. SlCKB0Y

rubberglove

It works for me! (excited ;-)

I'm running xubuntu jaunty with this kernel (works great, incidentally).
    I installed the puel (non-Free) virtualbox version using the intrepid repo listed on virtualbox.org.

with the headers installed and /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-sickboy-kuki linked to /lib/modules/2.6.28-sickboy-kuki/build,
    building the virtualbox kernel modules (/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup) completed successfully.

It's working surprisingly well so far (I have a centos development image running in there), but I only just installed it so haven't done any heavy lifting yet. I wouldn't bother trying unless you have 1.5GB of ram, and preferably not on the internal SSD.

cheers!

ps. thanks for the great kernel SlCKB0Y!

rubberglove, Jan 23, 2009
  6. SlCKB0Y

praesepe

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for your marvelous kernel, it works like a charm on my One!

Maybe it's a silly question but I'd like to install virtualbox and need the headers in order to recompile the kernel. I'm using the cutdown version you made for only the specific hardware "linux-image-2.6.28_Sickboy.AA1-20080112_i386.deb". As I'm unable to find the proper headers in this post neither the webpage you supplied at the start of this post, would the kuki ones work? I am refering to "linux-headers-2.6.28-sickboy-kuki_0.2_i386.deb".

Thanks in advance

praesepe, Jan 23, 2009
  7. SlCKB0Y

thorsten

Hi,

first .. thanks for the great work :)

then .. the headers dont install here. Got unsatisfied dependency to libc6. Libc6 is installed in version 2.7-10ubuntu3 on this machine.

btw. it would be greate for me to use truecrype. This doesnt work due to lack of device-mapper driver. Could u please include the device-mapper.

thx
    Thorsten

thorsten, Jan 23, 2009
  8. SlCKB0Y

xtr.eme

Me too :(

The headers don't work on ubuntu 8.04.1 because they use lib 2.8... which isnt out yet for ubuntu hardy and I don't know if it will ever get released

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Jan 23, 2009
  9. SlCKB0Y

csmo

csmo, Jan 24, 2009
  10. SlCKB0Y

ChronoStriker1

I dont know if this is true for everyone with problems with the sd card slot but it seems if I use a sdhc micro card in a sd card adapter I get (dmesg):
    [ 2947.782500] mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising SD card

If I use a normal micro sd in the same adapter in the same slot, it works as expected.

I don't know if its a missing module, since I know next to nothing about the kernel I will need to look into it. I just wanted to know if others were seeing the same issue.

[EDIT] Looks like I should have looked a little harder adding:
    options sdhci debug_quirks=1
    To a file I created in /etc/modprobe.d/ fixed the issue

ChronoStriker1, Jan 24, 2009
  11. SlCKB0Y

edkmho

Dear Sickboy,

The problem i am facing is such a minor, not worries, mate. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks once again.

edkmho, Jan 24, 2009
  12. SlCKB0Y

PirraDoZe

yeahhh virtualbox works.... sry for my mistake..

thx SlCKB0Y :)

PirraDoZe, Jan 25, 2009
  13. SlCKB0Y

mikespug

@Sickboy: So you can prepare... here's an error while testing the kernel and upgrading to Jaunty via dist-upgrade:

"The current kernel does not support IP multicast. OpenSLP will continue to work even without multicast support in the kernel, by using broadcasts. However, broadcasts are less efficient on the network, so please consider upgrading to a multicast-enabled kernel."

mikespug, Jan 25, 2009
  14. SlCKB0Y

xtr.eme

I am currently running Ubuntu 8.04.1, and would recommend it as it has much better graphics performance. To reach my ubuntu holy grail, all I need now is:

[*]Working headers- I have the libc6 error on install. I believe this is because of Hardy only supporting up to libc6 version 2.7, and intrepid is now on version 2.7... not sure how to solve this

[*]Error messages- I get an error with grub which has been mentioned previously in this forum... I believe this slows up my boot, so I would like to sort this out.

Apart from this, I am fully content, so thanks guys for everything so far. I would appreciate any pointers as to how to solve these two problems. I believe that both of them would benefit the community

Cheers,

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Jan 25, 2009
  15. SlCKB0Y

ajayre

This is what is stopping me from also running this kernel - I am using 8.04.1. I'm currently in the process of compiling my own kernel using a desktop PC running 8.04.1 to solve this.

See: http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7090

Andy

ajayre, Jan 25, 2009
  16. SlCKB0Y

spinnekopje

The ath5k driver works much better as the one in the backports package from standard intrepid, it haven't lost connection using that version. I still need to find the correct patch for the wifi led and check the correct values for undervolting for me.

In the last version I included ath5k in the kernel, so not loading the module myself anymore. I might use the 2.6.28.2 sources for next version :cool:

Sickboy, where did you find your patch for the wifi led? I like the way it looked on the sickboy/kuki kernel.

spinnekopje, Jan 26, 2009
  17. SlCKB0Y

fozzya

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/347/

fozzya, Jan 26, 2009
  18. SlCKB0Y

spinnekopje

I tried that one, but the led only worked when there was no traffic... I did read parts from another patch, but I didn't yet see the full patch. My search for that one continues this evening.

spinnekopje, Jan 26, 2009
  19. SlCKB0Y

xtr.eme

That sounds great - please share if it works.

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Jan 26, 2009
  20. SlCKB0Y

ravin dave

Hi All,

I'm a complete N00b when it comes to Linux, but have strong networking skills, and I'm having major problems with the WiFi using this kernel.

To cut a long story short, I installed Ubunto 8.10 from a live USB stick, then installed the Sickboy/Kuki kernel to gain wifi support. The problem is this, under Ubintu, my wireless can only connect to an unsecure network. If I try to manually connect to a hidden network that has EITHER WEP or WPA on it, the connecting to network icon shows up for about 2 minutes, then times out. Same router logs on and connects perfectly under the included Linpus install, so I know that both the wireless in my AA1 and the router hardware are working OK.

I've tried reinstalling Ubuntu and the Sickboy/Kuki kernel, and I've also tried the 2.6.28 custom aa1 kernel, but no effect. I can only connect to an unhidden and completely open network.

Also, a friend of mine has the same machine and combi of kernels, but his AA1 doesn't have this problem. Any ideas as to what is going on ?

Thanks. :)

ravin dave, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question