Sleep Issue - Brainstorming

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by 4saken, Oct 22, 2008.

1. 4saken

4saken

hey folks, maybe we should start a brain storming thread about the sleep issue. as far as I can tell from reading this forum and some others there are only a couple of guys working on the issue.
    maybe if we can collect everything we know here and try to encourage more people to look into this we can get some results sooner.

i'm no crack when it comes to mac hacking and i only have basic unix/linux knowledge, but did someone try to monitor the aspire one via ssh or some other external method to see what's happening when we close the lid and the fan goes haywire.

any other suggestions to investigate this thing are appretiated.

greets,
    4saken

4saken, Oct 22, 2008
  2. 4saken

denshaotoko808

Well I know that dfiore was working on it... also Miguel but his wife took away the AAO. I think generally folks give up or lose interest. I don't blame them. Installing and reinstalling software is a drag, especially on something that might not work after Apple upgrades.

Still I'd love to get a few things going:
    - a solid way to backup AND RESTORE. I can backup but how do I restore what I backed up?
    - an easy way to upgrade from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 on iATKOS
    - a way to get AAO to sleep properly
    - lastly, if at all possible, some way to get the right side card reader to work.

I won't hold my breath, but maybe the brave ones will be able to figure it out. I do know that the older bios for AAO will cause your wireless card not to be recognized. The bios might be one reason sleep doesn't work yet.

denshaotoko808, Oct 22, 2008
  3. 4saken

4saken

yeah, I also assume it's the bios. but without some propper error message we cant really tell. I'll try to access some log files on the weekend if i have some spare time.
    anyone else with research on that matter is welcome to post it here. maybe if we add everything we know so far we can narrow it down a bit more.

4saken, Oct 22, 2008
  4. 4saken

rory

please dont let this thread to turn into a thread about i want this and i want that.
    it will be moderated.
    we all know people want the card slots working and updates and vanilla kernel and what have you, but this thread is about ideas for sleep
    Rory

rory, Oct 23, 2008
  5. 4saken

denshaotoko808

Dude, you really ought to chill. This thread is staying right on course. Relax.

denshaotoko808, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question