sleep - what are the odds of it working sometime?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Chimera, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Chimera

enildeR

FYI, there was a new thread in the drivers forum @insanely that uses DSDT to enable the 950 drivers without modification of the binaries.
    I haven't had the time to test this yet, but it would be worth a shot to test before investing time in debugging the current modified kext.

if this doesn't allow sleep to work, I'm highly suspect of the HDD controller kext. I'm going to be ordering a mini PCI-E ssd, so I'll test the DSDT fix then.

enildeR, Jan 12, 2009
  2. Chimera

pink

I have AOA150-ZG5 with as near as I can get Vanilla install, Chameleon booter, with all the stuff Chameleon put in /Extra
    moved aside, and only the the identifiably non-Apple kexts from my setup in /Extra/Extensions/. My graphics kexts come
    from a GMA950.pkg, because that is the only one which gives me 1024w display. Believe me I've got a sackful here that don't :cry:

If I select Sleep from the menu, or if I close the lid, behaviour is identical: Display goes black, AAO reboots after 11 seconds. As Rory noted a way above, there's nothing in any normal logs to show what happened. There is a another abnormal log from a possibly sleep related issue: the sound "subsystem" sleeps after about 30 seconds not playing sound (sorry I haven't timed this precisely or run any trace over it). If you warm reboot while it's asleep, no problem. If you try to Shutdown while running on battery only it will kernel panic. Is this related? I can post that kp dump if anyone can get clues from it.

More from the wild conjecture dept: I didn't get a Dell 1390 wifi card because of too many reports of anomalous behaviour.
    My reading between the lines of the various reports suggest to me that the wifi card may be sleeping - makes as much
    sense as sleeping the sound... A debug trace of that might offer clues about hooks missing or in the wrong place?

pink, Jan 13, 2009
Ask a Question