Sleeping/Hibernation problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by headpin, May 20, 2009.

1. headpin

headpin

I have an ApireOne A150AB (512MB and 120GB HDD) running Linux. Whne left for a period it will hibernate and comes back to life by touching the pad or a key.

If left for a longer period (30 mins plus maybe) it goes a stage further. The power button flashes orange. Touching the pad or a key has no effect. Pressing the power button it turns green and the boot up (dark grey/black) screen comes on (show press F2 for setup, etc). The screen then goes pale blue with a horizontal white line approx 25 mm from the screen bottom with the words APIREONE (about 15 mm high) in the bottom right hand corner. I cannot get beyond this screen. Even holding the power key down and turning off and then power on again has no effect. It sticks at this pale blue screen. However, if left for long enough (2 or 3 mins or perhaps a bit longer) on this pale blue screen it eventually continues to boot up properley. I do not know or understand why this happens or indeed if it should happen. (I must admit that out of frustration I have press random keys whilst stuck on the pale blue screem so not sure if one of those does anything to move it on!!)

Any advice welcome about whether this is normal. Whether I can change any settings to stop it happening. And, if it does happen anyway how I can move it along to boot up properly without this long delay. Thanks

headpin, May 20, 2009
  2. headpin

Einsamkeit

The flashing orange light indicates the stand-by mode. I think you can disable it in the power management settings. Otherwise, have you got sufficient swap space? Normally it shouldn't take much time to get back from Stand-By..

Einsamkeit, May 24, 2009
Ask a Question