Sleepy computer - Black screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by neelyje, Jun 2, 2010.

1. neelyje

neelyje

Hello, I bought an Acer Aspire One 10.1in netbook (Win7 S.) the other week and I'm having difficulties with which I'm sure someone out there has a solution to.

It seems that my netbook doesn't like to be awakened when I put it to sleep. Not only that:

The screen stays black when I awaken it from sleep or turn it on from off. Frequently, it does not like to go to sleep (I hit Sleep and the screen turns off but the power light won't go off like it's supposed to- signaling me that it is ok to close the laptop).

When turning it on from off, I get the Acer screen, then sometimes the Windows loading bar on the bottom of the screen, and then it stays on a black screen. It's supposed to only stay on this screen for a few seconds before the Welcome page pops up, but it never gets there. Once I was able to hit the keyboard or track pad and "wake it up" like it fell asleep in the middle of turning on, but that hasn't worked again.

The temporary fixes I have attempted include: a forced turn-off, take out battery, replace battery, turn on, pray. That works once every 2-3 times.

I really don't like having to worry if I can get my netbook to turn on or wake up every time I put it to sleep or turn it off... If there is anyone from this forum who has heard similar stories or experienced it themselves, it would be nice to hear from you. I'm not to experienced with laptops so any replies with computer jargon will have to rephrase. :)

I hope this post is in the appropriate location.

Thank you and have a pleasant summer!
    ~Jenni

neelyje, Jun 2, 2010
  2. neelyje

RockDoctor

From your description, I'd say it's not working properly. If you bought it new, then it's still under warranty, and tyhe simplest solution is to return it.

RockDoctor, Jun 2, 2010
Ask a Question