slimming xp and installing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yimer999, Feb 10, 2009.

1. yimer999

yimer999

well i dont know what the hell is going wrong but i cannot install this slimed down version of xp on my AAO its really gay. so if anyone has a link for a guide please help

yimer999, Feb 10, 2009
  2. yimer999

Nemix

I'm no power user thus I don't touch things like nLite and TinyXP.

I just install Windows XP as is then add/remove Window Components not needed then do some registry tweaks and finally disable all unwanted services.

XP Home on my AA1 idles @ approx 200MB with 30 processes and everything works.

Some helpful sites I've used to achieve this:

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm - for XP SP3 services that are not needed, I usually go with SAFE myself

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks1.htm - for XP tweaks and stuff, makes a big difference but read carefully!

Nemix, Feb 11, 2009
  3. yimer999

jackluo923

What did you remove with nlite or w/e you used to slimed XP down? How did you burn the image file to the CD/DVD/Flashdrive/w/e? How do you define gay? No themes, some services doesn't work etc?

jackluo923, Feb 11, 2009
  4. yimer999

mmad

Im assuming your saying that you cant create a usb installation of he disc. The most likely reason is that the manual files to install have been removed. Nlite you disc again, but keep Manual Install and Upgrade. The go here and make your usb installation like that. It may be helpful to slipstream SP3 straight into your disc though.

mmad, Feb 11, 2009
  5. yimer999

nmesisca

And it may help if you refrain from using SILLY CHILIDISH adjectives that may OFFEND people on this forum that, like you, are only looking for some help.

nmesisca, Feb 11, 2009
  6. yimer999

jackluo923

LOL... Most people here are too spoiled to be offended by the word "GAY". :lol:

jackluo923, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question