SLOW internet on battery power

Discussion in 'Windows' started by red97vette, Oct 15, 2008.

1. red97vette

red97vette

Im trying to watch Hulu or YouTube on battery power and its basically does not work because the cable internet is going at around 4-5 kbps. When I plug in the Aspire, everything it totally 100% fast and great. Is there a way to bypass the slow down when on battery power?

thanks!
    Sorry if this is a "beating the dead horse" topic..

Red

red97vette, Oct 15, 2008
  2. red97vette

Kei

Kei, Oct 15, 2008
  3. red97vette

red97vette

i went to the device manager, and for the network wireless card, i changed the power save option from max to off and it worked!! now hulu actually works like it should! the battery power went from 5 hours and 50 min to 3 hours and 45 min while watching 480p streaming hulu video... i guess thats why its set to power saving mode from the factory! (i have the 6 cell battery)

thanks for the help!

red97vette, Oct 15, 2008
  4. red97vette

Kei

You should thank my patience i edited my post 4 times before i came up with the nuteral response...keep in mind to always look for search buttons theyl save your ass from getting flamed and give you invalulable results

Kei, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question