Slow Text Display while Typing (10-inch w/XP)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jp2code, Dec 4, 2009.

1. jp2code

jp2code

We just got a new Acer Aspire One about 2 days ago. 10.1-inch display, 160-GB drive, 1-GB RAM.

Lots of bloat ware (mostly games) seemed to be installed, so we removed most of them.

Now, however, there appears to be a 10-15 second lag between the time I type something on the keyboard and the time it displays on the screen.

Could I have removed something that I should not have? If so, any idea what I could have removed?

Could something else be causing the slow "echo" feature?

Thanks,
    ~Joe

jp2code, Dec 4, 2009
  2. jp2code

Forone

Assuming XP, my usual drill with a new PC is to run CCleaner (both file and registry modes) after uninstalling, then defrag the hard drive and reboot. Don't worry if CCleaner turns up a huge amount of stuff, it's safe to let it do its thing. It's possible that leftover registry entries are confusing the OS.

If it persists, you should try booting into Safe Mode (hit F8 while it's rebooting) to see if the problem is there without peripheral drivers and background processes. Of course, it all depends on what exactly you did as to whether it's serious.

Forone, Dec 4, 2009
Ask a Question