Slow WiFi under batterry

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Goldberry, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Goldberry

Goldberry

Just got the Acer Aspire One with XP 1gb 120 g HD and 3 cell batterry.
    Started iit up and couldn't get it to see my other network machines and vice versa. Finally after rebooting router and shutting down the preinstalled Macafee AV it started seeing my main PC but slow. Set it to transfer a file then went away. Came back and file had transferred. Speed had increased when I went into network again. Turned Macafee back on still worked fine. Have no idea what the wireless problem between my main PC was about.

I think this is the problem. When the network slowdown above occurred I had the netbook on battery near my PC. When I set up the transfer I took it back and plugged it in to power. When I used it later it was plugged in and everything fine.

So today I took it to kitchen table and on battery same problem as earlier slow wireless connect. Took it and plugged it in voila back to speed unplug slow down. Don't know what is causing this problem but I guess it has something to do with the power drain on the battery.

Has anyone else found this specific problem. It seems these netbooks have lots of wif problems.

Any thoughts on how to deali with this before I take the easy route and return it.

Goldberry, Sep 26, 2008
  2. Goldberry

Goldberry

I think I found the solution

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3476

IF you are running XP, see properties for the networkcard in device manager - advanced - set powersaving to normal or off (or something similar) Use off normal didn't work

Goldberry, Sep 26, 2008
Ask a Question