Smallest XP Acer Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by fbx, Jun 11, 2009.

1. fbx

fbx

I was going to go for the 751 with the 11.6" screen, but yesterday at BestBuy I started looking at a Dell 8.9" model and it was so small and light (and cheap-$249) I began to think maybe for my netbook I'd be better off NOT going for the larger screen.

I bought and sold an AAO with the 10.1" screen, and an Asus 1000HE with 10" screen, so what I'm wondering now is which is the best AAO with the 9" screen, XP, largest HD, best processor, lowest weight?

fbx, Jun 11, 2009
  2. fbx

DutchDK

Aspire One A110 windows vesion. 8.9" screen, 160GB harddisk, XP Home, 1 GB ram, Atom N270 cpu, weight 1.1 kg. Thats probably the lightest and smallest Aspire One with Windows you can get in a store.

You can also get a Linux version with an 8 GB SSD, and just install Windows XP on that machine. I'm running such a beast, with XP pro and it works great. 995 grammes weight, 2.5 hours runtime with the included 3 cell battery, no movable parts, and good enough for what a netbook usage - webbrowsing, wordprocessing, light spreadsheet work, etc..

DutchDK, Jun 11, 2009
  3. fbx

Rich in ILM

This one has the 160 gb hard drive and 6 cell battery.

I just ordered one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...mc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals

Rich in ILM, Jun 11, 2009
Ask a Question