SMB mounting with linneighborhood

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by keksler, Nov 4, 2008.

1. keksler

keksler

Hi!

I've installed samba on my AA1 and tried to mount SMB shares with several programms like nautilus, fuse-smb or pyneighborhood without any success.

Then I`ve found this site http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/l ... /info.html that offers a Fedora 7 rpm (sadly no F8 version) of linneighborhood.

I've installed the newest version of gettext before and then this package. The installation was without any problems and an icon appeared at /usr/share/applications.

The program connected and found a lot of workgroups and computers but I couldn't read anything because of a font problem: all letters appear as dotted boxes.

What went wrong?

Thank you for your help!

keksler, Nov 4, 2008
  2. keksler

keksler

A nice program must also be komba2 but I guess it won run with linpus since it's KDE based :(

Another help would be an AA1-tailored pyneighborhood-rpm that seems to be a newer version. I'm really afraid of trying to install it as a tarball. :shock:

keksler, Nov 4, 2008
Ask a Question