Snow Leopard on AOA110 (ZG5) : piece of cake and easy as pie

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Nov 6, 2009.

1. SbM

chuckcalo

Update:

I hooked up another WiFi router and the wiFi now it's working! It seems like there's a bug with Linksys routers and Snow Leopard?

Anyways, I have 2 questions.

1 - Is your WiFi led working for you? I remember it was working for me on Leopard 10.5.6 but on SL it's not.
    2 - What's a good trackpad configuration for dragging and clicking with the pad? It feels so buggy I wish I could configure it just as I had it on both Win7 and Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for the help.

chuckcalo, Nov 26, 2009
  2. SbM

chuckcalo

Bump!

chuckcalo, Nov 29, 2009
  3. SbM

hr1

OK, I Had total success! Everthing works except Hibernation, but found a work around for that. Also like to point out that if you select "Enable mirror friendly GMA Kext when you install boot loader, then mirror mode works, however, it slows down the graphics. Wecam works, mic works. I have a gigabyte N300 wireless and it works too! Wanted to also mention that I found in this forum the answer to install in MBR instead of GUID, so I keep all my other boots(windoze,Linux and OS X, yep, tri boot!). Very Impressed!

Now, to get Hibernation to work try this solution.
    1. Download Smartsleep (google for it, its free)
    2. After you have installed Smartsleep go to System Preferences and select Smartsleep.
    3. Set Smartsleep to hibernation only.
    4. Open up Terminal by pressing Alt+Space Bar and typing in terminal
    5. Enter this command to verify what is your sleep mode,
    pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
    6. Enter the following command to allow your computer to keep using the secure virtual memory setting from the Secutiry item on System Preferences
    sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 5
    7. Restart your computer and put it to sleep when the system comes up.
    8. Start your computer again and it should wake from hibernation with no issues
    9. Unplug your system to check if it goes to sleep automatically, if it does google for Sleepless and install it
    10. Use Sleepless to prevent your computer from going to sleep by itself.
    11. If while using sleepless you want to put the computer to sleep, simply select "allow to sleep' mode on sleepless and wait about a minute. That's what it seems to take to unload the insomnia kext from the system.

Once again, very impressed with SL. Much faster etc...Enjoy!
    AOA110, 160 gb, 1.5gbs ram, Gigabyter N300 wireless.

hr1, Dec 1, 2009
  4. SbM

moondevil

I've tried using SmartSleep, and I can never get it to work. I follow all the instructions, but when I select sleep from the Apple menu, it always goes to a black screen, shuts off the hard disk but stays powered on. To me, that means it is not hibernating but still sleeping. Could you tell me what kexts you are using in your /E folder and any additional ones you added to /S/L/E ?

Thanks

moondevil, Dec 1, 2009
  5. SbM

hr1

First off, did you turn off all power saving modes for charging and battery in preferences? In other words set to "Never"?

hr1, Dec 3, 2009
  6. SbM

moondevil

errm, yes I have. Was I not supposed to?

moondevil, Dec 3, 2009
Ask a Question