So bottom line...

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by canadeza, Apr 23, 2009.

1. canadeza

canadeza

I want to use Osx on my aspireone( the original one 8.9 inch screen) as a workstation for everyday work. Ive hooked it to a 21.6 inch monitor. My question is : can I use the line in mic (really important for me) and is there any problem with the notebook being constantly with a closed lid (standby problems etc). I dont care about wireless cause Ill be using ethernet. I have an original copy of Leopard but i think im gonna use iDeneb 1.4 with the option for the aspire one netbooks.

So does line in mic work?

canadeza, Apr 23, 2009
  2. canadeza

rory

no
    have you not searched or read around?

rory, Apr 23, 2009
  3. canadeza

canadeza

^Yea but this guy says it works.... really weird

canadeza, Apr 23, 2009
  4. canadeza

rory

mic does not equal line in.
    Ah well at least you know now.
    ifaik, line in has never worked with any applehda kext, but mic works with some.

rory, Apr 23, 2009
  5. canadeza

shizno

line in? the Aspire One only has "microphone" and "headphones/Line out" ( i know, technically headphone out is NOT line out, since there is some audio processing done on the headphone jack as opossed to line out), there is NO line in!! you CAN plug in a line in cable (like from a cd player or something) in the HEADPHONE jack, but the sound quality is bad... i speak from experience, trying to plug in a "line in" on a "microphone jack" not only on the AAO but also my gateway notebook.

bottom line: THERE IS NO LINE IN!! you CAN use the MICROPHONE jack as a line in, but the sound quality suffers

i suppose you can buy a USB type solution, and probably you will get better quality anyway

shizno, Apr 24, 2009
  6. canadeza

canadeza

I just wanna know if I can use an external mic. Thats all I want to know bc the internal one wont be available due to the fact that Im gonna use the netbook with an external monitor and the lid will be closed.

So bottom line - can i use an external mic for SKYPE?

canadeza, Apr 24, 2009
  7. canadeza

So the line-in is on the bottom?

70869413, Apr 25, 2009
  8. canadeza

canadeza

K I instelled i deneb 1.4. Everything works fine (sound ethernet external monitor). The microphone jack does not work. Im really disappointed bc its a great system otherwise...

Can u please help me set up Chameleon to boot windows by DEFAULT. I tried adding the following lines to BOOT. plist but NO GO:

<key>default partition</key>
    <string>hd(0,1)</string>

Nothing seems to be altered the default partition is still MAC HDD.... its a moodbreaker

canadeza, Apr 25, 2009
  9. canadeza

yohko101

if you wanted windows to boot default, u want to use the chain0 method instead since it uses the native windows loader to load chameleon. i've searched around for a while and couldnt really find any information how to edit chameleon except changing it in the source code in C. the easiest way i think is to boot using ntldr and load chameleon if you want to use X.

yohko101, Apr 25, 2009
Ask a Question