Software in AAO 150D

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tolui, Apr 7, 2009.

1. tolui

tolui

I got a new AAO D-150 and after Xp setup found strange programs and icons filled the taskbar (took the time to clean and hide em) I'd like to ask about these software programs...

"Launch Manager" a strange program! What's supposed to do? I think it has no functions at all but with Live!Windows which I never used before. Am I right or it has something useful in XP?

"Mcafee" is an essential but a long lasting toolbar Mcafee Siteadvisor at IE is a pain in... Whenever I hide it in IE, it reappears in new tab! Oh man it's just a 10 inch screen and Mcafee toolbar occupy a nice space there... how to disable this toolbar? (Regedit?)

"Microsoft Works" never heard of it before (Yeah I'm not that up2date guy) but It seems another copy of MS Office? What do you think?

Microsoft Office 2007 trial, Thanks God, the old trick still works to abolish the trial and let it works without registration keys, A dumb question but can I uninstall the activation assistant now? or it has other Office related functions?

tolui, Apr 7, 2009
  2. tolui

creepinchi

Launch manager is used to display the images associated with the "fn" keys. If you press fn+f8 it will show the speaker on and off icon, if you press fn+arrow up/arrow down, it will display the volume setting, if you press fn+ etc,etc . Launch manager is not necessary, but if you want on screen displays to show, you'll need to leave it running.

McAfee is a trial version, I removed it and installed something else.

I removed MS works as well.

I installed my own MS Office suite and removed the MS Office activation assistant.

creepinchi, Apr 7, 2009
  3. tolui

cbrkp

what trick is there to get the trial version to work?

actually went out to buy an authentic version but I can't install it as it says its missing files or some files are corrupt. So I tried uninstalling the preload microsoft office and I get the same message.... any ideas anybody?

cbrkp, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question