Solution for 10.5.6 (No keyboard & Trackpad)

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by seal, Dec 16, 2008.

1. seal

seal

I found a solution for no internal keyboard and trackpad support after 10.5.6 upgraded.
    Just go to InsanelyMac 10.5.6 Released and download ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip ( 292.43K )

Install the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
    Then u will get keyboard and trackpad back...
    But! Trackpad setting in System Preferences... is gone.....
    Anyone know how to get it back?

seal, Dec 16, 2008
  2. seal

rory

is tap touch enabled?

rory, Dec 16, 2008
  3. seal

LunaTech

can we update our aspire one and patch it with ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip???

LunaTech, Dec 16, 2008
  4. seal

seal

I had my tap click enabled before 10.5.6
    and it still working after the upgrade...
    Hope to find a way to find the missing touchpad setting back....
    It's not in the system preferences any more......

seal, Dec 16, 2008
  5. seal

seal

If I were u, I'll wait....
    but it's working.... it crash me once today.... can't find any usb device once today...
    after couple reboot.... seems to work fine for me...

seal, Dec 16, 2008
  6. seal

dokuroishi

Use Keyboard.prefPane of 10.5.5, and you will be able to see Trackpad settings in that again.

And if we cannot use New "Trackpad" prefpane with AAO, I think it's not a hard problem,
    because the prefpane is for setting Apple's genuine trackpads of many functions.

dokuroishi, Dec 16, 2008
  7. seal

seal

Hum... Thanks for the advice...
    So, that mean I had to reinstall everything again?
    Can't find any place to download this file.....
    Would u mind send or copy to me or something....?

Thank you

seal, Dec 16, 2008
  8. seal

LunaTech

can i reintall the video? ive got 800x600 when i updated

LunaTech, Dec 16, 2008
  9. seal

rory

yeah need to reinstall everything

rory, Dec 16, 2008
  10. seal

dokuroishi

[/quote:3qz41zmr]

Same prefpane(vir. 4.5) is included in 10.5.2 and later (maybe and earlier),
    so you can extract it from any installer disc with Pacifist.

dokuroishi, Dec 17, 2008
  11. seal

LunaTech

thank you!!! everything is ok now. thanks Master Rory!!!

LunaTech, Dec 17, 2008
  12. seal

derekboy

I've tried practically everything to solve this.

After Mac install and the stuff you do after it, the only things I'm really missing are the trackpad "tap" (when a tap on the trackpad acts as a click) and Wifi.

I'm going to go buy a USB wifi stick to easily solove my Wifi problem.

But I still have no solution for the Trackpad!! I have no options for it under System preferences, even after getting "Keyboard.prefPane" from iAtkos v5i and iAtkos v4i (at least a couple hours of time wasted)!!!!

Please, it is driving me crazy! Please somebody just help me. I have the trackpad working fine but the tap click. It didn't work after system update, but after installing the correct kext it worked fine. I even installed the kext twice to see if it would solve anything!

Cheers

~Derek

derekboy, Dec 21, 2008
  13. seal

pink

It drove me crazy too. I could see from the verbose startup that there were kext conflicts from junk
    that had been highly recommended. Eventually I made a clean sweep and reinstalled 10.5.5, vanilla.
    I didn't want to erase the disk so I checked in Terminal to remove boot file and Extras folder,
    delete the /Library/ and /System/ folders, then a clean install from retail DVD, update to 10.5.5,
    Chameleon 1.0.11, and the bare minimum of extras to make it go. Then I updated to 10.5.6 directly,
    no DSDT massage, no kext swapping.

Booted into 10.5.6 no drama, just missing keyboard & trackpad, missing sound, and missing 1024 display.
    Go to /System/Library/Extensions/ view as list, sort by Date Modified, and watch the messages
    in the verbose startup, allowed sound and display to be fixed with only one kext change each.
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... t&id=40375 gives me a pair of
    10.5.6 ready ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. Hola, keyboard and trackpad,
    no need to drag back previous PreferencePane, because it it still the same unchanged from 10.5.5.
    The trackpad will appear in the PrefPane if it has the right kext loaded at boot time and it gets
    entered to ioregistry. Remember this is the internet, Your Mileage May Vary, .....

pink, Dec 21, 2008
  14. seal

derekboy

We all have the same computer i don't see why some people can get this to work and some can't ive installed those ps2 that you have described but i used to the program unless there is a new way to do it than using kext helper i would like to know

derekboy, Dec 21, 2008
  15. seal

pink

Aahh, that's the trouble, I don't know that we do have the same computer: eg. there's a SSD/Linpus version
    and a HD/XP version. Who knows what other differences in chips there are on the boards. As Rory has
    pointed out in another thread there are four known versions of the GMA950 graphics chips.

OK, now it's tru confessions time :oops: Yesterday I had trackpad working and adjustable in Keyboard Prefs,
    and this thru several reboots. After shutdown and cold start today it's gone. The trackpad still works, and
    tap-click still works, just the option has gone from the PrefPane. Inside System/Library/PreferencePanes/
    there is a Trackpad.prefPane that I never saw before. If I double click it says
    " You cannot use this Preference Pane because the hardware it controls is not installed."

My money is still on those PS2 kexts, they might be 10.5.6 ready, but seem to be not Trackpad ready.
    When my trackpad was not working before, I found something I had installed at one time had also
    installed a ACPIPS2Nub as a plugin inside ACPIPlatform.kext, and it was conflicting with the Wind one
    I had been using. That's what made me do a clean re-install to get rid of rubbish I couldn't see.
    Now I know I've got a new problem, I'll get digging on it ...

pink, Dec 22, 2008
  16. seal

pink

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... &p=1006835
    tells of Yet Another Install Method but note carefully at the bottom of that post in black caps:
    That certainly explains why my wifi keeps disappearing, and probably true for ppl on other threads here.
    Question is: What else is QuartzGL leaning on, and pushing over? Trackpad?
    I'm at the day job just now so can't give answers for a few hrs yet...

pink, Dec 22, 2008
  17. seal

pink

Sorry abt the slow progress here, I've been busy on other things. What I can report is that in 10.5.5
    and earlier the trackpad settings were in the Keyboard.prefPane. With 10.5.6 they have moved to
    a new Trackpad.prefPane because of all the complication of 2-finger and swiping gestures.
    The prefPane weighs in at 25MB because it contains instructional movies. Nothing direct
    yet from insanelymac, but it looks like PS2Controller and/or ACPIPS2Nub need updates.

pink, Dec 27, 2008
  18. seal

Branch

Branch, Jan 7, 2009
  19. seal

a1wake

No Joy.
    Running 10.5.6 (via 10.5.5 installed overtop of 10.5.4). Trackpad and the rest of the system had been working perfectly (including tap click) but lost the preference pane after 10.5.6. I installed this package and still no pref pane, and additionally now gives me kernal panic on shutdown :evil:

a1wake, Jan 8, 2009
  20. seal

seal

This killed my Aspire One..
    Kernel panic everytime when I start my machine....
    My aspire one use Boot-132, Retail, Voodoo kernel

Anyway to get it back?
    what does the PostPatchAAO.pkg do?

my kernel panic was related to com.superhai.driver.SMBIOSResolver

I don't want to reinstall everything.....

seal, Jan 9, 2009
Ask a Question