[SOLVED]ao721 multi-gesture how does it work?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by whitethorn, Dec 19, 2010.

1. whitethorn

whitethorn

I've read in a couple reviews that the touchpad on the ao721 has multi-gestures. Unfortunately I can't get them to work. I've looked everywhere to get this working. I've looked in the mouse icon on the bottom right, there's nothing there that lets me activate anything. Do I need some sort of driver update? I know on the touchpad itself on the right side there's an arrow but I can't get it to scroll which is really annoying.

Anyone know how to get this feature to work?

whitethorn, Dec 19, 2010
  2. whitethorn

Swarvey Moderator

Re: ao721 multi-gesture how does it work?

Assuming you're running Windows as your operating system, click Start, goto Control Panel, open your Mouse settings, there should be a tab to the far right to give you a lot more information regarding the mouse, usually they're a Synaptics touchpad and by default, most of the settings are disabled.

Swarvey, Dec 19, 2010
  3. whitethorn

whitethorn

I already looked in there, all I can find in there are two items which are collapsible, Overview and Buttons. When I click on Buttons I can change the default action for a Left Button, and Right Button action. Unfortunately there's nothing else in there. Am I missing something?

Can I download the standard ones from Synaptic or am I stuck with the ones from Acer?

whitethorn, Dec 20, 2010
  4. whitethorn

Swarvey Moderator

Yep, you can download the latest Synaptics driver package, if your mouse is a Synaptics model. That's what's in my D250 and I upgrade my drivers to the latest spec's every few months.

Swarvey, Dec 20, 2010
  5. whitethorn

bluevolume

Its an Alps touchpad. You can get the drivers from the Acer website.

bluevolume, Dec 21, 2010
  6. whitethorn

whitethorn

I'll give those drivers a try and report back here.

:)

Edit: So I installed the alps drivers, and voila multi-gestures and everything now available in the menus. I saw that there were two drivers on the acer webpage, alps and synaptic. Just never thought I was using the wrong ones because windows did work with the synaptic driver and was preloaded with it. Now to get it working in linux.

Thanx for the help

whitethorn, Dec 24, 2010
Ask a Question