SOLVED: XP - horrible sound quality! Help.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Abouna, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Abouna

Abouna

OK, just picked up a brand new XP machine yesterday, love it so far. Unfortunately the sound quality through the headphones or speakers is horrible. Not a small speaker problem (I realize what to expect).

What I'm getting is horrible reverb/echo. I assumed right off the bat that it was probably a setting (sound card set to "concert hall" or some other simulated setting) but I've looked everywhere and can't find anything for such a setting. I've checked the advanced driver controls to no avail. Is this a common problem? I'm not expecting head-fi quality SQ but do expect standard old cheap mp3 player quality stereo. All I'm getting is this muffled cavern like echo sound.

What to do?

Abouna, Jan 18, 2009
  2. Abouna

chuckcalo

Re: Aspire XP - horrible sound quality! Help.

I had the same problems when I first got my Aspire One XP. I installed Vista and got rid of XP and the sound quality is wonderful now.

chuckcalo, Jan 18, 2009
  3. Abouna

yachtpro

My speakers are also very "tinny" sounding, but no problems through headphones. Sound is good through them. Almost sounds like some sort of feedback problem.

yachtpro, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Abouna

Abouna

Problem solved. It was indeed a wonky setting in the Realtek applet. Somehow how Bathroom effect was turned on the effects mixer. Why anyone would want to simulate the hollow sound of a larger bathroom is beyond me.

Abouna, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question