Some beginner questions concerning xp on a110l

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Steakjulzz, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Steakjulzz

Steakjulzz

Hi guys,

in the first place I have got to plug in that I'm a young boy frm Germany. For this reason my englisch isn't perferct at all. Please be gentle with me :D

Alright, enough introduction. The price for the acer aspire one is reduced to 199 Euro in Germany. Currently, I think about getting one. While thinking about buying this netbook i thought about all the possibilities i might have. Firstly i thought about the System. The acer comes with Linux (the windows version is far more expensive). That's why i want to install windows xp on my own. I found a pretty good tutorial on the internet: http://www.aspireoneguide.com/xpinstallu3.html

I'm convinced that it won't become a problem to install windows. But I wonder if the acer a110l is fast enough for this version of windows xp (only 512mb of ram).. Furthermore, windows is offered as an iso on this website? Isn't it illegal to install this version? May I get any problems while entering the internet with this windows version?

I know, that are many questions. I'd be happy if You could answer a few of them. Then I'm going to order my netbook ;)

Steakjulzz, Feb 1, 2009
  2. Steakjulzz

Steakjulzz

okay, I made a mistake... the windows version is only an oem version. Not illegal at all. ;)

Steakjulzz, Feb 1, 2009
  3. Steakjulzz

RJBingham

Hi, I installed XP and it works fine, I was thinking I may have to add more memory, but for browsing the internet 512mb of memory seems to be OK.

RJBingham, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question