Sound and Wifi incompetiable "SOLVED"

Discussion in 'Linux' started by yusiye, Aug 20, 2008.

1. yusiye

yusiye

I just finished playing with AAO Ubuntu (follow the guide)

but here's my problem, I can't get sound and wifi working at the same time!

For sound, I can still hear the "ding-ling" sound during login screen, but afterward its gone. I can still see the music player functioning, but no sound from the speaker or headphone.

If I fix the sound with the instruction in guide, after reboot, the wifi will sure start to not working.

Then once I fix the wifi, the sound will not working again. I'm in this constant hell. please help!

yusiye, Aug 20, 2008
  2. yusiye

clairvaux

Re: Sound and Wifi incompetiable

This has been a struggle for me too! Sometimes I can get them both working at the same time though-- but not all the time. For some strange reason, the drivers stop working when i turn on or reboot. I do the make clean, make, make install routine and it works fine.. until i power down or reboot. It's like they corrupt themselves or something-- there is no other explanation. Could it be related to the SSD? BIOS?

clairvaux, Aug 25, 2008
  3. yusiye

yusiye

Re: Sound and Wifi incompetiable

i finally get it working!

you should change the audio line

=acer instead of =auto or =toshiba

now i finally has it working, the only problem is the headphone, but i can live with that.

yusiye, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question