Sound gone really quiet

Discussion in 'Linux' started by matloo, May 18, 2009.

1. matloo

matloo

I have a A110 running Linpus lite and just recently the sound has gone really quiet whenever im playing a video or sounds in any player and also skype calls are very quiet. It doesnt matter if am using the inbuilt speakers or headphones (btw they are very good headphones and are normally very loud on anything else) so Im guessing its a software issue
    Any ideas?

matloo, May 18, 2009
  2. matloo

pling

To ask the obvious questions that you didn't pre-answer: what happens if you try to turn the sound up using the volume key combo or the volume applet? And have you installed any new apps or OS or BIOS updates recently?

pling, May 20, 2009
  3. matloo

matloo

The volume is turned up to max on both. I dont think I installed anything before the sound went quiet

matloo, May 21, 2009
  4. matloo

pling

Ok. This is a weird one. You might try downloading a distro like Kuki that will run from a USB key with installing. See what the sound is like under Kuki. If it's still low you either have a hardware or driver-ish thing going on.

pling, May 22, 2009
  5. matloo

matloo

right after some further research without finding another operating system I have found that it is VLC and Mozilla that are quiet

matloo, Jul 9, 2009
Ask a Question