Sound Icon in the taks bar

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by criskeune, Sep 14, 2008.

1. criskeune

criskeune

Hello,

It's a minor problem here, but I have just discovered that the sound icon in the task bar of my AAO simply disapeared! I remember that some days ago, I have pressed FN + F8 at College to not disturb the class with unwanted sounds from my incoming e-mails, and after class, I did it again to have the sound again ... But I did not remember of making the sound icon disapear. Is thre a way to put it again in the default place? hehe

Cristina

criskeune, Sep 14, 2008
  2. criskeune

Ahriman

Hi,

I have this same problem. Just I have discovered that the sound icon is missing from the system tray. It used to be between the clock and the battery icons, but now it have disappeared and I don't know how make it back :oops:

I'm a total newbie with Linux/Linpus. Can someone help me (us) with this? :cry:

Ahriman, Jan 9, 2009
  3. criskeune

Ahriman

Well, if sooner I ask, sooner I find the answer myself. It must be an "Universal Law" of some type, sigh! :mrgreen:

To help Cristina (and others that can be interested), the "fix" is the following:

- Open the Terminal window
    - Write xfce4-panel -a and press 'Enter'
    - That will open a window with the icons that you can drag&drop to the sytem tray. Just drag the 'Sound' icon to the desired place in the system tray and you are done.

(Oh, and you can do the same to put the basket icon on the tray) ;)

Regards,
    Javier

Ahriman, Jan 9, 2009
Ask a Question