Sound

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MARGARET, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MARGARET

MARGARET

I can listen to music that I have down loaded to my AspireOne, but I cannot access BBC listen again. Techy chap at PC World tells me that my machine (ZG5) doesnot support 'external' sound. Can this be true :? MARGARET

MARGARET, Jul 10, 2009
  2. MARGARET

DutchDK

No. Techy chap at PC World is a dofus, and just tried to get rid of you, so he could go back to picking his nose and watching pr0n while getting payed.

Please provide more info, such as the steps taken to access BBC listen, and what happens when you try to access it.
    Also provide info on which model of the AspireOne you have, and which OS it is running.

DutchDK, Jul 10, 2009
  3. MARGARET

MARGARET

THANK YOU
    I log into BBC, click on listen again; iplayer pops up with 'click' ; I click - no sound. The volume on my player is full on as is the iplayer.
    I know the sound is being transmitted because the time bar is active.

I am using Aspire one Notebook PC ZG5 using Linus OS

I will be delighted if you can help. It certainly seems strange not being able to access internet sound on a machine bought in 2008
    Because I have a PC, I have not been too concerned. Now I want to take my notebook on holiday - the main reason for buying it.

MARGARET

MARGARET, Jul 10, 2009
Ask a Question