Spacebar problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by HP Sauce, Nov 16, 2008.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce

Hello. I bought the 1Gb/120Gb version of the Acer on Friday evening and I've been trying it out.

I have a problem with the spacebar. It doesn't insert a space if I press it on the right or left edges, or within about half a centimetre of either edge. At first I thought I just wasn't pressing it properly but I realise now that it simply doesn't respond to touch in those places. It's a bit of a pain because of the size of the keyboard and the size of my hands, because the edges are where my fingers tend to fall when I'm typing.

Is this a problem for everybody? If so I'll live with it, but if not then I'd rather take the Acer back tomorrow and swap it for one with a fully functioning spacebar.

Many thanks for any help.

HP Sauce, Nov 16, 2008
  2. HP Sauce

clc4912

I have not experienced this problem. My spacebar seems to be very responsive. I understand what you are going through as I have a Sony Vaio that gives me the same problem and it is quite frustrating. If I were you I would return it to the store for an exchange. I have not seen any other posts here regarding this issue so I am assuming the problem is isolated to your machine.

clc4912, Nov 16, 2008
  3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce

Many thanks, clc. That's very helpful :) I'll take it back tomorrow morning.

HP Sauce, Nov 16, 2008
Ask a Question