Speedy Vista v4 NTFS - Is it SSD compatible?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sincitylife, Oct 28, 2008.

1. sincitylife

sincitylife

:mrgreen: Hey folks,
    I'm still luvin' my AA110 and would like to try Speedy Vista v4. I installed it in my other Notebook (only 512mg ram!) and it runs like a charm! I was able to create a bootable usb Speedy Vista v4 on my 8gb flash drive. The only problem is Speedy won't allow installations on a FAT32 partition.
    :?:
    I have an 8gb SSD drive with 1.5gb of Ram>>>>and i've heard that NTFS partitions would damage it....it this true?
    Any posts would be of help; because Speedy Vista v.4 really does run on old computers! Peace! :mrgreen:

sincitylife, Oct 28, 2008
  2. sincitylife

eezeerider

Will formatting the ssd to NTFS damage it? No it won't.

Fat32 is generally reccomended for windows running on the ssd as most people find it runs more smoothly, but there are plenty of peole running NTFS (myself for one).

So give it a bash it's not going to break anything.

eezeerider, Oct 28, 2008
  3. sincitylife

Aspire_OneMAn

its running fine on my AA110 (1.5GB RAM)
    only problem i am having is that the wireless is not working in vista

Aspire_OneMAn, Oct 29, 2008
  4. sincitylife

sincitylife

:lol: UPDATE:
    Hey guyz-i've successfully installed Speedy Vista v4 and I'm really impressed! I've just finishing installing all the latest drivers and just need to tweak the excessive hard disk writing issues already mentioned here in the forum.
    ;) So far so good. I did notice that my graphics card runs smoother in Vista--my bios show it as 8mb - 256 mb maximum throttle!!! Awsome! I tested Nexuiz and it plays much better in Speedy than in Linpus. :D

:roll: Boot up takes about 40 seconds. Shutdown sadly...takes longer than linpus. But after booting into desktop...everything runs smoothly. I do notice a lag only when I'm surfing the Internet in IE7...and when I'm downloading files.
    My webcam actually performs noticeably better and brighter also in Speedy Vista.

:ugeek: I did have a little trouble installing an aa0 bootable Speedy Vista via an 8gb usb thumbdrive: with my other Vista notebook>>>>>
    Note: I had to do two things :arrow: :arrow: (1) find a 2gb or less compatible usb stick(not all are compatible); and then (2)I had to use the bootsect.exe program to make it boot in my AAO110.I used Hp format utility to creat a FAT32 on my flash drive. I used xcopy command to copy the Speedy Vista ISO(mounted virtually via Alcohol52%) onto the Flash drive. So far no issues with the NTFS partition.
    One thing that almost freaked me out was how long it took to install Speedy Vista into an SSD harddrive...I was just about to cancel my vista installation...then it finally completed installing and rebooted into a beautiful vista desktop!
    :roll: This is my first time using a Vista OS and I am very pleasantly surprised how user friendly it is compared to Xp or Linpus, or Kubuntu. Total Speedy Vista v4 size was 3.5gb before updates...then 4.6 gb after updates.
    :mrgreen: I went directly to Atheros Website to get my wifi driver-worked perfectly! I also didn't rely on Windows Update to install all the most current drivers...I just went to the manufacturers website...but you can use the xp drivers provided at Acer...you just have to go into Device Manager to install them manually.
    Peace! :mrgreen:

sincitylife, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question