spotify sound

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tthew, Apr 10, 2009.

1. tthew

tthew

I've installed Wine and Spotify for the nipper, and am having problems with the sound. I've followed the instructions on Spotify's website, regarding setting the audio, but get a spotify error message,

There is a problem with your soundcard, Spotify can't play music.

I've tried other combinations of settings, but none help. The test button doesn't work either, in fact using that sometimes locks the AAOne up. Can anyone help me please? I've searched the boards here, and no-one else seems to have a similar problem.

Ta.

tthew, Apr 10, 2009
  2. tthew

me075064

Yup I had the same problem, but after experimenting with the audio settings in wine I got it working.

I've posted the settings I used here http://netbook-experience.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps

me075064, Apr 10, 2009
  3. tthew

tthew

Props to you me075064. I got it working in the end with the suggested settings, I think that right-clicking the drive to configure, which in the end only gave the option to OK was what sorted it,though I can't think what effect that would have had.

However, your suggestion seems to work better. Nice Blog too, I'm going to have a read through that later.

tthew, Apr 10, 2009
  4. tthew

me075064

Glad you like the blog and glad I could help :-D

me075064, Apr 10, 2009
Ask a Question