srange video problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Kevan, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Kevan

Kevan

I am a beginner running linux on my A1.

I am having problems with playing youtube videos on full screen. THey are VERY choppy, but in the smaller screen/window size on the youtube site they play ok. Its just when i select full screen that the video gets very choppy.
    I have done lots of reading and searching but i have not read of a fix for this that i understand. I am a complete Linux beginner.

I have increased the firefox cache to 400MB, i doesnt seen to have helped much. I have disabled all power saving modes but it will not let me select "performance mode". It allows me to select it and apply but it doesnt keep the setting. When i close the power saver screen and then reopen it, it is back on the "balanced" mode.

I really would like to play youtube in full screen with the same smoothness of motion that i get in small or standard youtube mode.

kind regards
    kev

Kevan, Nov 30, 2008
  2. Kevan

Kevan

Update on my question above.

I havent found a solution yet. But i can play google videos in full screen mode with good smooth video as long as they are not from youtube. It is just youtube videos in full screen that have jerky/choppy or very low frame rate video.

I have read in this forum that it is impossible to play youtube videos in linux and get good results.

Can any body play youtube in full screen mode using linux Linpus AA1?
    Is the video as smooth as the "non" full screen video?

Is it RAM in my AA1? i have the minimum.

Is it firefox 2 that causes it?

(New user AA1 Linpus. )
    Cheers
    kev

Kevan, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question