SSD + HDD? Question with Details inside. Please read.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by v8n3t, Feb 25, 2009.

1. v8n3t

v8n3t

Hello everyone,
    I am posting here to get some clarification.
    I want to take my AOA150-1786 and install a SSD.
    I read that I need a ZIF peripheral connector. Question is, can I run my HDD and a SSD in together? Didn’t know if this board was capable is all.
    If in fact it is; I would love some recommendations on a SSD and a ZIF connector. Please include a Model number along with the Manufacture of your preference. Can you all help me out with this?
    I was thinking about installing windows on the SSD, and using the 160GB as internal storage.
    Suggestions?
    V/R
    Rob

v8n3t, Feb 25, 2009
  2. v8n3t

v8n3t

Hi, it has been a couple days and just bumping this thread.

Any thoughts anyone?

v8n3t, Feb 27, 2009
  3. v8n3t

ronime

If you need more than 160GB of storage then the easiest route is to fit a bigger HD or add an SD card in the left hand expansion slot.

The SSD models (A110) have a ZIF connector soldered on the mobo, HD models (A150) have a SATA connector soldered on the mobo.

In theory you can solder the "missing" connector yourself on either model, but there is hardly enough room inside the case for both a 2.5" SATA disk and a decent SSD.

Another option would be to use the spare USB header on CN11 to wire in an internal USB flash drive. You could use a short USB socket tail for this and locate the flash drive in the 3G bay.

ronime, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question