SSD Questions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Flux101, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Flux101

Flux101

Hey
    I've just got a few questions if someone wouldn't mind answering:

1. Is XP really bad on the SSD? And using some of the hacky ways to fix it, do they really work?

2. Does Ubuntu run just as well as Linpus? Including the camera and microphone?

3. Is it possible to extend the main 'hard drive' size in Ubuntu with an SD card, like in Linpus where it adds to the main part of the SSD?

I plan on buying the Linpus version, but I'm pretty sure I won't stick with it. The plan would be to put Ubuntu on, but I'd like the option of XP, just in case.

Am I better with the HDD version? (even though it frustratingly appears to not exist in the UK yet!) I could make use of the 120GB, but storage wise, 8GB + 2*16GB would be more than enough anyway.

Oh, and is the HDD version really larger? I've read that it's 195mm in height, as opposed to 170mm for the normal one, but am I right in thinking that this is because they've incorrectly added a 6-cell battery onto the size? I'm looking at the Amazon.co.uk 120GB Linux one for this, where it says 195mm, but it's a 3-cell, I think they've mixed it up?

Thanks a lot

Flux101, Aug 11, 2008
Ask a Question