SSD running in background - help!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by armitage shanks, Oct 3, 2009.

1. armitage shanks

armitage shanks

Does anyone know why with a browser open I get the odd spell when my a110 comes to a standstill with the ssd running in the background. I am running latest kuki and it seems to be a problem only when browsing. Seems to be a firefox issue because it doen't appear to be a problem with opera. Although midori browser seems to be spared and this is based on firefox as far as i can tell. Thing is I have to use firefox for flash related sites. Ta in advance.

armitage shanks, Oct 3, 2009
  2. armitage shanks

RockDoctor

??? The ssd doesn't run - all it does is sit there and store your programs and data. Do you mean ssh?

RockDoctor, Oct 4, 2009
  3. armitage shanks

armitage shanks

I have solid state drive, and there are times when data is being written (or at least the drive light is constantly lit) for a period and during this the computer is non responsive. If you leave it for a few minutes it then finishes whatever it is doing and is ok. If I close the browser this does help.

armitage shanks, Oct 4, 2009
  4. armitage shanks

RockDoctor

My bad - guess I misinterpreted what you were saying. If you're using an older version of Firefox, google urlclassifier3.sqlite

RockDoctor, Oct 4, 2009
  5. armitage shanks

armitage shanks

Thanks that might just be the problem - running firefox 3.0 something from ubuntu repos. Will have a look at a more recent version.

armitage shanks, Oct 4, 2009
Ask a Question