SSD won't mount

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Rofa, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Rofa

Rofa

"Playing around" with operating systems I managed to partition a 16GB SSD. I removed the partitions and restored my Linpus Lite system - which is fine although the 16GB SSD is not recognised in either slot - no problem with other SSD's - so nothing wrong with my system, I'd just like to get this SSD back in use. Fdisk recognises it is there by the way - so I assume it is a mounting problem. My Linux learning curve is slow, but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Rofa, Jun 14, 2009
  2. Rofa

solpuerto

Hi Rofa

I am a bit confused when you say SSD won't mount. I assume you mean SD card as you also talk about trying it in both slots. You also say other SD cards? work ok. To me it therefore does not sound like a mount problem.
    Some time ago I mistakenly re-partition my SD card and had to re-format it to get it to be recognised. At the time I had considerable problem getting the card to be recognised let alone allow me to re-format it.
    I eventually used a Panasonic tool for camera SD cards and it can be found here,
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/s ... atter.html

Best wishes

solpuerto, Jun 14, 2009
  3. Rofa

Rofa

Yes I did mean SD and it sounds like exactly the same problem. Seems like I will have to go and find a PC - I've only used Mac's without card readers for the last 15 years! Many thanks.

Rofa, Jun 14, 2009
Ask a Question