SSH Support

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dreniac, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dreniac

dreniac

Maybe a stupid question as terminal and yum apparently works with some little modifications.
    But I was wondering if SSH works? Do you need to install the client or does it work out-of-the-box?

As I am much on the road to customers and sometimes need to access our servers remotely,
    this one of the things that I need to have cleared until I head to the shop to get One :D
    I nice "little linux box" would be ideally for me as I am carrying a 3kg+ Laptop round nowadays :|

dreniac, Jul 23, 2008
  2. dreniac

baseline

Hi,

SSH works just fine. You just need to add it using the add/remove software since it isn't pre-installed.

cheers

baseline, Jul 23, 2008
  3. dreniac

dag44

Could you be more specific?
    I can not understand why they dropped ssh?
    Please explain how you do it
    Aspire One feels grat !! :D

dag44, Jul 24, 2008
  4. dreniac

matti

To install ssh, open the Package Manager (System --> Add/Remove Software). Search for "openssh" and install packages "openssh" and "openssh-clients".

cheers,

-Matti

matti, Jul 24, 2008
  5. dreniac

baseline

Hi,

First do as instructed on this thread: http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28
    Then just click with the right mouse button on the desktop and the menu function add/remove software becomes available. Then just do a search for ssh, select it and apply. The software will do all the math for you.

cheers

baseline, Jul 24, 2008
  6. dreniac

dreniac

Thanks for the answer and how-to. Only need to verify if my umts 3g usb will work. And I will get One too ;)

dreniac, Jul 25, 2008
Ask a Question