SSHFS error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Shagbag, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Shagbag

Shagbag

I've just installed openssh, openssh-clients, fuse and fuse-sshfs but I'm getting the following error when trying to use it:
    Code:
    [user@localhost ~]$ sshfs [email protected]:/home/n00b/Data /home/user/Centos/
    [email protected]'s password: 
    sshfs: relocation error: sshfs: symbol fuse_opt_insert_arg, version FUSE_2.6 not defined in file libfuse.so.2 with link time reference
    [user@localhost ~]$ 
    Any ideas?

Shagbag, Aug 24, 2008
  2. Shagbag

rebuilder

I had this too, and I tried a number of things, but I think updating fuse-libs is what fixed it. In terminal:

sudo yum update fuse-libs

I think fuse-libs (and fuse too) comes installed on the AA1, but the version is incompatible with the new fuse and fuse-sshfs you installed from repos, so you need new fuse-libs as well.

Good luck with sshfs, I spent a good portion of yesterday setting up an autfs mount to my network share at home using sshfs - now it's transparently mounted under my home dir whenever I have an internet connection. Nifty.

rebuilder, Aug 24, 2008
  3. Shagbag

zarniwoop

Rebuilder,

I also had that fuse error. After reading your post I upgraded fuse-libs. Problem solved.
    Thank you!

zarniwoop, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question