Starfield Thread SternFeld

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hertzian56, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Thread for Starfield or as they call it SternFeld-steinberg lol

It's out now if you know where to get it and looks like just fallout in space really. Same studio that did Skyrim and FO 3d games so there's at least some good games from this studio, but games should be judged by the game not the studio or history of it. It looks to be over 100gb in size so you'll need that. I'm probably going to have to delete the Uncharted Legacy collection to have the room for it on an external 2.5 hdd. That's about 100gb game that I just found to be way too cutscene heavy, I like actual play and such more than story. If I wanted story I'd go read classic books not rehashed jewmasontranny tropes and programming. It's similar to why classic mario games are still fun, the gameplay is key not the same basic rescue the princess story etc

The problem is that at least FO and Skyrim had some natural beauty in the enviros, space is usually pretty ugly stuff, banal drs office or marxist buildings type of thing. So far it looks like typical fake space fantasy world garbage. Outer Worlds had some interesting stuff but was just the same but with garrish colors and was a runt of a game even w the dlc which I didn't bother with even gratis.

I'm hoping the repackers can cut out a lot of bloat like other languages, perhaps online junk and etc to make it like 70gb install which is decent. Unless you have the level of detail in all aspects as RDR2 I can't see games being more than 75gb for a single game. Sure Uncharted had 2 games so fine 100gb and you didn't have the choice to do just one at a time unfortunatley could have saved the trouble of 50gb I'm never going to touch. Cut scene heavy games are just interactive movies, not interested. RDR2 first ever playthrough was different though since it had a fore story of 1 to it but of course for years now I just skip them, thankfully we have the choice there.

I'm not exactly sure the story to starfield but looks like a space sandbox type of thing, probably some arching story like FO4 was find son, skyrim was from what I remember defeat dragon invasion and such. FO4 is also a video game version of the occult lying in the coffin and the rebirth as an illuminati satanist new trannyman thing, OLD trope in videogames. We also got the obelisks everywhere and such in bethesda games, it's all jewmasontranny industry big surprise. Satans fake space opera is like a submarine, totally manmade enviro controlled, a manmade shield against Gods inhospitable reality from a satanist POV. Submarines and similar environments are like torture chambers, ritual chambers of no escape, what topological psychology really speaks of. Space ships are the subs or chambers of control. But also a metaphor of escape from God via manmade things. Like drugs, etc just escapism.

Still this will likely be a fun game to play, most bethesda ones appeal to my taste in hands on gameplay and many options as to play style. I was actually planning on another replay of FO3 or FNV since I've been binging on RDR1 lately. FNV is roughly a western game that's easy on the laptop and is huge w a few good dlc to it and not 100gb either. Not a graphics whore. FO4 I've played too much in the past every time I go back to it I get bored pretty quickly.

Hertzian56, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I've got a smaller sized repack on tap since I don't have too much room for downloading over 60gb at a time so will have to install it overnight since it's going to take an hour or two with my cpu to do it. I'm not too convinced this game is more than just an updated Fallout 4 in space though. I think now the textures have to go up to and likely beyond 4k is why huge game sizes and sound has always been a huge sized thing too. Animations can too.

From the raw torrent it looks like textures are by far the largest sized components to this game followed by animations. Now if I'm playing at 1080p only this is a huge waste, it does look better but imo if I have the option of AI DOWNSCALED textures pack that cuts out 25-30gb of file size and install sized I'm doing it. I've been playing RDR1 switch ryujinx and having a blast, don't give a damn about textures they're good enough.

Hertzian56, Sep 2, 2023
  3. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Grabbing the fg version that's about 62gb dl expands to 116gb when installed from what people are saying. Likely take 2hrs or more to install so it's start it before bed type of thing. With my system I'm probably going to try the dlss mod and perhaps target 30fps but I'll let it run free at first see how it goes. You can limit the fps of specific games with msiab or even NCP which I do for all games to 60fps realistic for my system and cuts down fan noise and heat etc

From youtube looks like yep fallout 4 in space type of thing, no worries I loved FO4. Like with that game not expecting too much as far as optimization for fps but it should run fine at appropriate settings. I'll target 1080p but wouldn't mind 900p instead to help performance. FSR 2 might help I plan on trying vanilla at first and then getting some mods as I go. I don't have 116gb of free SSD space so I'll have to put it on a 2.5hdd I have so not sure but it will probably have stutters and audio stuff but like I said I'll dial down to help with that.

Hertzian56, Sep 3, 2023
  4. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I got the fg version of this game at about half size to the install and started to install it after freeing up around 140gb on an hdd, I got about 30mins into install and decided to wait on this game for a while. It said 3.5hrs more left so 4hrs install nvme to hdd via usb3 cable. I was reading that this game needs a newer version of win10 than what I have which is from 2020 as I don't have updates turned on for stability reasons. Requiring a specific version of win10 is nonsense forced selling by the monopolies these all are despite appearances and I'm not going to play that game.

With TLOU I got a consistent non supported gpu message and could never start the game but with a 2060 this was not accurate, it was likely my win10 version. Decided to just nerf it, looked like a cutscene heavy game anyways which I generally don't like, similar to Uncharted Legacy collection which I found to be more of an interactive movie than a game and the gameplay itself was underwhelming, not to mention it's 2 games or nothing so takes up 100gb of space. I've since deleted that game, ironically to make room for starfield. From the youtube play it looks fun since I loved FO4 so I plan on trying an install at some point but not today. I'll just keep the installer and wait on it keep playing the legion other games that work fine and already installed on various ssd, nvme, hdds I have no rush.

So until I get some indication of those two things, actual space needed for an english only no bonus install and if older win10 version will work I'm not going to bother. With my mobile rig I'd most likely have to play it pretty low and limited to 30fps anyways which is fine for new great gameplay but not a priority for me. As I've said I just installed Spiderman Remastered and reinstalled Sekiro so I'm good. I also still have a second playthrough of Prey as well, great game. And RDR1 ryujinx emulator second playthrough of the main campaign and undead nightmare. I also recently installed and played Judgement a bit so could fire that up as well. I also have tons of other games already sitting there installed. I was thinking of the Arkham series again, liked all 3 main ones and even have Origins installed too as well as all the Yakuzas installed so I'm in no hurry.

Hertzian56, Sep 3, 2023
  5. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Just watching youtube plays of this I'm def getting strong vibes this isn't worth the trouble idk. Seems to have a lot of loading screens which is tedious on an hdd setup. I replayed Prey again recently and that has a lot of loading screens but w the nvme it's like 5 secs each. I don't have the room to spare to put this on an nvme since I'm not deleting more than half my second nvme which is 256gb. I've got judgement, prey, cp77, sekiro, hollow knight and several other smaller games on their no way I'm deleting all that for one game. I didn't do that for RDR2 which is an amazing game still 4 years after pc release. That has no normal play loading screens whatsoever too and looks gorgeous. I do have rdr2 on an external ssd via usb3 cable.

I vaguely remember FO4 had a lot of loading screens as well but the open world didn't which was the whole world minus the dlcs. Every building you went inside had a loading screen but you can get lots of play out of the open world outside buildings too, I'm not sure if the various sets in SF are as big as FO4 main game open world. But it def looks like FO in space deal and even playing it at 720p on youtube doesn't look amazing enough to justify the reported performance. I usually check dsog but other places say the same thing. Once again what's promised and hyped as the greatest game to come around just turns out to be clunky bloated above average game. Don't get me wrong since I loved FO4 and open world exploration games in general I'm sure I'll like this game but it's the overall implementation that seems to be too fancy for its own good.

Hertzian56, Sep 4, 2023
  6. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Can confirm the english only no bonus final install size is 116gb, the smaller repack size of fg take hours to install though. NVME to hdd, since the installer doesn't have total time to install I can only guess but the last eta I saw before bed was 5hrs so I'd guess in reality it was about 4hrs total install overnight. The file checker says all files are ok as well.

I grabbed a few mods since you want to get the mods right as you get the game because a lot of them will change as the game gets updated so harder to find for your version if it's not official and doesn't get autoupdates, which is much better more stable. So the optimized settings one in the nexus top files is the only one I'm putting in there before first startup since it's just replacing the low,high,med inis easy backup of originals. After first session I'll do the LUT mod to remove the blue tint they gave to the game yuk. CP77 has a green tint which I also got rid of with LUT mods, no annoying reshade needed thankfully. Flat no filter colors with deeper blacks is way better more clear than the filters you can't change, I mean at least give us an option to turn off filters if we want or even add in some optional filters how hard is that? I grabbed Cleanfield HUD cleaner and no startup videos stuff, put that in later. I plan on trying the DLSS mod if FSR2 looks bad or I can't achieve at least 30-45fps target for my lower end system. I'm realistic and am prepared to go to 900p as needed for smoother gameplay.

I also am not sure if my older win10 from 2020 will run it so we'll see. TLOU pc version would not run because of that, well skipped that game/interactive movie I'm not doing updates for one or two games. If it's many games that's different but I have hundreds of games and never had a problem, nah. I even just installed spiderman remastered port and it runs fine, usually sony has a lot more hassle than most games since TLOU is a sony port but not that one so nope.

I also don't plan on updating my gpu drivers unless the game requires it to run. I'm using 531.

I'm also on an hdd so I'll def try the default settings it does itself unless they are unreasonable, likely will disable and turn a few things to low or off like DOF, aberration, vibration etc Playing on my xbone controller, saves my laptop keyboard wear. I also as usual plan on using a trainer, usually fling if available.

Hertzian56, Sep 4, 2023
  7. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Ok so it said incompatible gpu a lot but I did manage to get it working and played through to the first new planet you go to. I have to say yeah you probably need an SSD at least because it does lock up and freeze a fair bit and I'm on an hdd install. Someone mentioned this is specifically made for consoles which have super fast streaming and coordination between memory and such so this PC version loads shaders from mygames folder rather than from where the game is installed or something like that so there is lag if you've got it on an hdd.

To get it started I had to put some work around files inside the MAIN folder with the exe file, NOT the dx12 folder, leave that alone. These are dxdll's that start the game up bypassing the checks for some things afaik. I also edited the json for default startup of gpu cards with my gpu name instead of RTX 2060 SUPER which I've just got a mobile 2060, I don' t know if that had any effect tbh.

I also went ahead and put the latest dxvk package, 2.3, dlls inside both the dx12 folder and the main game exe folder to see if it negated the freezes widely reported, well didnt work obviously. I also updated to the latest gpu drivers 537 series I was on 531 I thought but the installer said 528? huh ok. I always use NVCLEANinstall to debloat drivers, take out telemetry as much as possible and such. I also restarted my system, always do that when booting up huge programs esp games.

I had medium but opted to lower to low settings, FSR2 75%, and you can only have 1080p as a borderless fullscreen, if you drop the resolution to lower it doesn't give option for fullscreen. So I dropped to 900p and it was a window, alt-enter didn't work either. So I switched back to 1080p for fullscreen. I turned off vsync and low everything with other stuff turned off like DOF etc I couldn't get MSIAB to show onscreen info since I started it AFTER I started the game, I'll make sure it's already running next session.

I have the optimized settings from nexus for low, med and high so I backed up originals and put those inis in the main game folder. I plan on using the LUTS and cleanfield eventually but want to just do it minimal modding for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
    Hertzian56, Sep 4, 2023
  8. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I think MonopolySoft as the new owners of Bethesda have inserted a check for only latest windows or at least last couple years of windows because I got a werfault at first few bootups and game not starting. The log says this:
    KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.388,
    Exception code: 0xe06d7363

Notice it specifically says my win10 2004 version so this strongly points to M$ scammers enforcing specific versions of windows only, like the smelly scum they are. This game would run MUCH better if it had either vulcan or dx11 options but of course they're all in it together, games and hardware makers so using racketeering tactics is to be expected and like I've said the banksters control the megacorps which largely own and run the gov so of course these monopolies operate legally ILLEGALLY. The reason DLSS wasn't included is simply due it being an AMD title, AMD probably funded Starfield in the millions or more dollars, just like Nvidia and Intel do the same with other games and a mixnmatch all over. The difference is that FSR is free software based and DLSS is hardware based NOT free but to lock this out is terrible. It's not going to lead to too much extra AMD sales I don't think, not for one game, come on. Everything is chasing earnings and stock price so short term boosts are almost all that's looked for, so there is that logic there.

BUT it will lead to more system upgrades for this game and hardware makers love that as well as M$ wants everyone to update their OS if they have auto updates off like I've had from pretty much when I got this new back in 20. The updates have all sorts of riders and data collection and new ads and money making stuff for M$ no doubt. And as I said there is little difference between hardware and software makers in gaming unless it's a known independent studio that's not a very heavy game type of thing. Heavy games need a lot more integration and work with hardware makers and thus DX12 is WORSE overall performance for a reason, you need to buy new hardware and software! I don't care about RT or all the other stuff I am fine with RDR2 and other great looking games tech, it's the content that's more important than RT etc Just include that default once you get the tech to that point, no need for Physx like nonsense. And kiddies play phone games that look like 2000s games more than heavy RT 4k games. Hell even Ryujinx has android versions or maybe it's yuzu can't remember.

So there's a clear motive to make games worse performing on older but perfectly fine hardware. And these megagames are console focused so you're better off getting a PC that has similar features to consoles like nvme and the other tech they lock behind high priced hardware/software like DLSS3, directstorage and etc You could make a case for no dx11 support I guess but there's no excuse for Vulcan. Anyways I'll get back to the game. And just lookup the dxvk and grab it on I think their github give it a try.

Hertzian56, Sep 4, 2023
  9. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

So far this is just FO4 in space, you even get the vault door opening upon leaving the mine lol. I loved FO4 so it's not a problem. Uh the menus are convoluted no doubt and do seem to be geared towards controller users which are mostly console players. As I said I use an xbone controller so it's not a problem for me.

This has always been a masonic occultist ritual, go into the coffin, die/transform, and re-emerge as a new being. The vault or mine in this case, is the coffin here. The touching the artifact is the transformation agent. Same thing for armageddon meteorite version, the jewmasontrannys go into a vault and re-emerge into their new world, saving themselves from Gods wrath through tech, technosaviorism is really what transhumanism is. It's satanic pride. The jewmasontranny cult is a form of this, tech doesn't have to be wires and pcbs and such it is also biology based, dna, jaw implants-brow shaving surgery based, hormones, voice modulation training, occult mind control, pavlovian mind control and etc.

This has been a fallout game ritual for a long time and you'll notice obelisks are featured in at least 3/4, in FNV the space needle building is the obelisk, which is a circumcised phallus symbolizing the sex-force-generation power of the serpent deification of man. Satan promised this to Eve and then Adam unthinkingly or negligently believed Eve. Likely lust was on his mind too, it turns off reasoning. In SF the obvious obelisk is a rocket, spaceships are also a form of this a totally manmade environment, submarines etc no connection to the natural world of Gods making inside it, it's calcuated to shield it away as much as possible. Like a torture chamber etc But here it's the mine or vault itself right at the beginning just like FO games proper.

Uh so yeah so the space combat is not my favorite, ships are clunky etc and the going to new planet menus are annoyingly complex. They shouldn't have included all that in hopes of NMS type of thing, just focused on 1-3 huge maps imo, this is 116gb and FO4 with both DLCs is like 35gb so yeah 3 huge FO4+DLC sized maps is enough come on. Maybe the three "planets" are near each other or same system so spaceship fighting and such in that smaller context would be more interesting. Dead Space 3 had a nice system there which looks better from my recollection than this does LOL. FO4 also has an annoying menu system too and notice you also get a PIP boy disguised as a superduper wrist watch in this one, sheesh just do FO5 proper with all the references and such and lore, that's what this is but has none of the lore and traditions of the FO series sadly.

Anyways I'll post more later. Here's some of the links I used to get it working for me btw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/...raphics_card_does_not_meet_minimum/?rdt=54237

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1716740/discussions/0/3824173464656641471/?ctp=2

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1282100/discussions/1/3809533247345035594/

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

Hertzian56, Sep 4, 2023
  10. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I'm moving my 116gb starfield install to an SSD which will be used w my sata-USB3 cable for play. You CAN play SF on hdd but it audio desyncs, audio lag, freezes and such and is not generally pleasant. I'm to New Atlantis and have explored that a bit around 2hrs or so in I'd guess. It works fine though, loading times are totally fine on hdd it's really just the issues above that make the game so hard to enjoy. I wish I had one huge TB sized SSD but I don't I have several smaller ones 125, 250/240 and my two nvmes are the c drive 256 and the secondary 256 w a few games and such on there already so I don't have 116gb chunk that is just lying around. I also have an old msata mini drive 125gb from my old precision m6700 I got an adapter to usb3 which works but that's also got too much on there.

So I moved of AC odyssey 89gb and GTA4 complete 31gb from my Evo 850 ssd which freed up 124gb on there for SF. I also have on there GTA4 v107 main campaign only which is only 13gb amazing and GTA5 v1.5 89gb. I've got another SSD that I have RDR2 on as that's about 127gb and def a no-uninstall game for sure. Still prob my fav game of all time despite the marxism in there.

ACodyssey I haven't really played since 2020 much,did the main campaign, not all the cultist stuff, and a fair bit of both of the DLCs so I guess it's possible to go back to it at some point. I did fire up ACod a couple months ago mainly to try DXVK to improve FPS which it does. But I find the world not that interesting really, same old bandit camps and such all over, a lot of fast travel the world is so big and such. I actually like Origins better, and have that on the same SSD as RDR2. I'd definitely redo Origins main campaign. So I'll hang onto my ACod install put it on the hdd that has SF on there, park it. Only other game that I'd be too interested in this year is Alan Wake 2 but not in a hurry there and it might not be too great who knows. I don't think STALKER 2 is going to release this year either, likely mid to late 24.

So moving this whole file to my ssd on a usb3 cable from my hdd also on a usb cable but I think it's usb2 which means like 30Mb/s so it's still got 15mins or so and a total of like 45-60mins to move it ouch. I'll def immedieately try it out likely to be a much better experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/168mtgz/anybody_playing_with_an_hdd/

Hertzian56, Sep 5, 2023
  11. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

WOW yeah night and day hdd vs ssd so yeah you WANT to have this on at least an SSD, smooth as butter lighting fast loading screens, game is AWESOME. If you loved Fallout 3/NV/4 this is the game for you. Outer Worlds was good but a much smaller game with some fugly contrast colors schemes and such and that's by Obsidian who did FNV. But yeah FO-NMS-Outer Worlds mix of a game.

So far have not been able to get MSIAB OSD fps etc to work though, I use my hotkey and have the targeted stuff like FPS, GPU/CPU usage, RAM VRAM usage but it doesn't display. I'm on the latest version downloaded today from MSI website 4.6. Only thing I can think of is that I left the dxvk files in there so that might be the conflict but I have RTSS to high detection which is supposed to fix that. I'll play around w it.

Next up is the DLSS 2 mod from nexus just going to install that now and boot back up.

Hertzian56, Sep 5, 2023
  12. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

After about 5hrs of play I have to admit it does seem pretty generic, space if it was real like they portray it would be pretty boring place. You whole life is one step away from instant death, your body has a certain amount of material inside it that only works within certain pressure ranges, now imagine going from that to 0 pressure, you would explode instantly. This is why fabrics based space suits ARE FICTION PERIOD. They're lying always have been. Those suits would be blown up like michelin man and really they would explode instantly. The only way there could be space suits would be feet thick metal, worse than deep underwater vessels which are exactly that but to resist the pressure OUTSIDE from crushing the fixed human safe pressure INSIDE. It's the opposite in fantasy space which does not exist.

I have zero interest in NMS mining and gathering stuff, what a boring thing. Nor bland procedurally generated planets and such and I've only been to a few of the main mission planets, which are pretty generic on the outside at least. The space ship flight aspect of the game is terribly complicated and confusing, not too fun either IMO. Where this shines is just the old FO formula of funny and interesting npcs and quests you overhear and find and such, nothing to do with space. I find the disappearing waypoints annoying too and the menus are 5x thick at some points it's crazy. And now if I don't want to wear a space suit in a city I have to go through and change back to normal clothes manually, ugh another chore. Obviously you could wear whatever in FO's unless you had toxic situations and environments but not here, if you go out into a planet surface with no spacesuit it is a problem. Clunky. Needed just an auto switch to your selected inside clothes upon being in a safe enviro and vice versa.

Uh well I still need to tweak settings because it looks pretty blurry a lot of the time and I'm using the DLSS replacer for FSR2 so no sharpening by the game. Have to do a preset in NCP to sharpen it up. I get 60 most of the time afaik still can't get MSIAB OST to work. Feels very smooth all the time but I'm mostly low settings with some mediums at 1080p. Faces and such look fine but some enviros are pretty bad. Main story isn't the greatest so far, find artifacts spread around space. Side stories only done a few and they're better but not too deep so far. This doesn't have the personality of FO4 with the companions so far. I really liked the noir robot detective in FO4 and also the other companions had side quests and more personality to them than Sarah so far. Idk have to keep going.

As per FO4 it looks pretty washed out a lot, really needed a color saturation setting and a gamma or contrast/brightness setting. The filters they apply really aren't good for flat darks and similar. Even the run, holster, jump etc mechanics of your character are the same here as FO4 from 8 years ago LOL

Hertzian56, Sep 5, 2023
  13. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

The looks of the game just don't justify the hardware usage though, it looks very similar to FO4 at high settings on my med-low settings w fsr2 80 sharp and 80 render resolution to 1080p. There's little justification for a 2015 game looking very similar to my eye and this 8 years later and also I get easily over 60fps all the time w FO4.

I still can't get MSIAB RTSS stats on screen in game for some reason. I got rid of the dlss2 fsr2 replacer because the game really needs sharpening and that's disabled with the dlss2 replacer, it looks MUCH better with sharpening and FSR2. I'd guess with the fluid play most of the time I get at least 45fps outside and easily 60 inside. I limit all games to 60fps in NCP. Mostly medium settings w some low settings. So I really have no idea what temps I'm getting and cpu/gpu usage percent or ram vram usage and it sucks. I could dial in the settings if I had that info. I still have the modified dlls in the main game folder to start it up and bypass the incompatible gpu message so they might be the problem idk.

It's pretty fun once you figure out the menus and direct fast travel to the planet you need to go to then land but all that is busy work imo should be able to just travel directly between story places if you want no space involved.

Hertzian56, Sep 6, 2023
  14. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Game has really drawn me in with just the exploring of the cities. Just walking around Neon I overheard a ton and got a few side missions. Neon is like Night City in cp77. But the cities are WAY smaller here, more like glorified villages but still fun. Best one so far is Neon. I don't do space travel much once I figured out the UI almost point to point travel from anywhere. And I'm not into NMS type of gameplay so I'll skip it totally in this other than required for missions which so far has been minimal. I'm working as an intelligence agent for a corp in neon city as a side gig. There are a few shallow side quests I've done as well but also some more involved ones across planets and such so it's wide open really.

I forgot to add Mass Effect Andromeda in there, definitely has that feel as well but much larger game. So NMS, Fallout, MEA, Outer Worlds kind of mix going on. I have I'd say at least 45 most of the time with 60+ inside buildings and it looks fine. Much better w FSR and sharpening w medium-low settings at 1080p. Butter smooth mostly. It does have to load a lot of the time but it's less than 5 seconds on an SSD, an nvme would be faster so it's not too distracting. It's not as annoying as Prey because you're going to new places mostly. Love Prey but you constantly are going within the same space station back and forth, only constant way to move to different areas there is space walk to each bay.

Hertzian56, Sep 6, 2023
  15. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I've already downloaded a few mods for this game, it's a typical bethesda game where you can tweak and mod the hell out of it, so great. I use Flings trainer because it has a ton of mods all in one like the Rampage mod for RDR2(that ones amazing there's so much all in one there). Simple mods like removing the filter they put over it, greenish, stealth overhaul, disable bloom which is way overdone, etc

Hertzian56, Sep 6, 2023
  16. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I'd just turn shadows to low and medium-high everything else, render resolution 80+, FSR2 80 sharpen, other stuff off no vsr, no variable resolution and it looks great. At first it's blurry in the background in cities like Akila but it seems to load those better textures in as you play more. At the Mantis Lair and it looks great, easily 60+ but I lock all games to 60fps for wear and stability.

Totally great game, I can't remember any game this year that's new that could compete other than what people say about Balders 3 but not my type of game. I don't think Dave the Diver comes close either, didn't care for it.

Hertzian56, Sep 7, 2023
  17. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

The funny thing is that this is such a huge game that I know I'll never finish it, almost every npc you walk around gives you some lead into talking to some other npc for a side quest. Usually they seem to be fairly shallow but a fair bit are somewhat longer and more involved. The main story is around 20hrs from what I've read but the side stuff is hundreds or more. I went to paradiso and there was a 200 year old ship of settlers in orbit and had to negotiate w the board of paradiso for them to settle there but I also had to find resources for their settlement and they essentially had to become indentured servants of some kind. I was just not too interested in finding the resources though so bailed on it. Maybe if I can get the mod to give all resources working I'll go back there.

In the main cities so far there are a ton of things to do as far as joining factions some local some larger and just general side quests you pickup. And I was at cydonia having served a jail sentence and explored outside during the short daytime there and it was gorgeous, at leas the near stuff was. Once you get closer to things the textures get normal and such. It's like red planet. So yeah it's too big a game for me to ever think I'd do all the little stuff you can do if you want. Even the npc quests I already have in my que are a ton of gaming. I imagine I'll get bored at some point and move on. I played almost all of FO3/4/NV but there was still stuff to do before I moved on. But a lot less than this game of course.

This is the next skyrim imo, there's already dozens of mods for it so it'll be up there w skyrim. Skyrim has over 1 billion downloads of mods on nexus, FO4 has a few hundred million or so. Only QOL, graphics related like the washed out look like FO4 had, and stuff that cuts down on grind are what I'm interested in mods for. I have one that makes the lockpicking very quick and easy in all cases. The locks are pretty cool in this game but after a few I'm glad to get them done with just a couple clicks. I've got one for all the materials but need to try the console to get it right to work. And the washed out ness of the game in a lot of places needs some care, LUTs are what I want not reshade stuff. Just a simple gamma and color saturation in game would be enough but they don't have those options. Also the green tint filter you can't edit normally. Uh maybe some better clothes as well, character options like hair styles and body styles would be nice. Cyberpunk has much better systems for those. And I have a ton of clothes, hair etc mods for cp77 played that hundreds of hours.

Hertzian56, Sep 7, 2023
  18. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

Also wanted to mention that the sicko-ism is all over this game. Countless dialogue npcs are either homosexuals or hidden trannys or both in this game. As to the jewmasontranny cult you really have to get training in how to see it and the subtle but basic differences in the sexes, most have a visual idea but the oddities that tranny-hookerwood has thrown up there from the beginning get a pass because of conditioning.

Bethesda is totally jewmasonic company like the rest of these monopoly megacorps today, only the greedy, lustful, prideful infested types these are could come up under satanists control really. And the whole space opera is just part of satans gambit, it's a fantasy setting like those amazing sets that are just really some 2x4's on the other side, total fakery. So this game has various forms of it all over, it's all jewmasonic but that's no surprise. Long before videogames they started trannyhookerwood and before that they took over european royalty and it's just getting to it's climax before beind dealt with by God like in the days of Noah or Sodom.

Hertzian56, Sep 7, 2023
  19. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

I just got to an outpost that was infested with some sort of creatures and fought them off on a winter hoth type world, at night with no companion it was pretty creepy. I lost 2 followers due to having contraband on ship and fighting it out in several places like new atlantis and other places but was able to talk the first one into not completely leaving not sure about the other one she disappeared somewhere.

Contraband is a major pain in this game because a lot of the time you don't know you have it if it's just lying around in your ship or if you happen to pick it up and you have a lot of stuff in your inventory. So then you go to jail or pay a fine or fight it out. But if you fight it out you get a bounty and have to go find some kiosk to pay it off in one of the cities, major pain. Why I can't just electronically do this from my ship is bollox. So another time I had to go somewhere else and look for it all over and some was in my ship on the ground what a pain.

You can get around the ship scans but have to put in shielded cargo space, I'm not into ship building or any of that like decorating homes or building settlements or collecting minerals etc I did the settlement building in FO4, I'm done with it and the rest is probably done way better in NMS but all that's just management stuff not too interesting to me.

Still great game it's sucked me in and now the main story looks to be getting better more mysterious after the Neon CEO missions. There are so many things to do and people to talk to leading to various quests it's amazing. I'm through the early phase from the 3 major cities where you're walking around and overhearing stuff and being assigned people to talk to from that to start side stuff though. I can walk through all of Neon and not get any of that. It's a relief really. Lots of planets to explore and missions and such. I did the mantis quest already, not a fan of the armor but the ship is fine, not too big not too small has special attributes etc

Hertzian56, Sep 8, 2023
  20. Hertzian56

Hertzian56

If you get blurry far textures in cities and such make sure indirect lighting is on high or more, shadows should be low of you want to maximize fps, volumetrics on low, NPCs on low for cpu, what have you for your system on the others. I have medium on everything else. Still looks great w fsr2 sharpening, 80 render scale, turn off the dof etc tricks. I turn off vsync but limit it to 60 in ncp.

About 50hrs into it and yeah it does get a lot better main story as you go along, I was still doing faction stuff and just general side missions and boy are there a ton of good ones there. I bought a deep space huge ship and finally able to checkout distress signal on Charybdis and quite an interesting side quest with 5 famous figures from history. Another one is a 3 or 4th Crimson Fleet faction mission, I'm debating to either join the Vanguard/UC or Freestar Rangers. And there are other factions like Va'ruun, Ecliptic, Order of the Snake, but I'm not sure you can join any of those ones, although this is basically fallout in space so I wouldn't rule it out.

The Fallout series is huge for a reason it's wide open gameplay, fully moddable, etc I'd still want to replay FO3/NV/4 if there wasn't so many games out there this time of year. Those are great games as well and I played FO4 for like 10hrs a day for the first week after it came out. It was thanksgiving week which I had completely off. Then later I played FO3 and FNV both amazing games as well. FO3 is the least PC one and has like 4-5 real DLC stories add ons as does Fallout New Vegas.

FO4 got 2 story based DLCs and I liked both of them. FO4 with both DLCs was about 38gb installed, the high seas version that only had english btw SF graphics are amazing if you have the system but I've only got an older mid range laptop and it looks amazing to me at 1080p FSR2 at 80% resolution scale and sharpened up. I'm guessing SF is such a large sized base game that it will likely only get 1 more than the announced DLC Shatterd Space, so 2 story based DLC like FO4 had. At 116gb size it includes at least 1 dlc in it's base game otherwise.

Since SF uses procedurally created content in a much more limited way than NMS does it's much better. I'm not into landing on rando planets and mining or setting up settlements anyways, boringAF to me but plenty of people like that as a game. I want mystery in my exploration that isn't randomly done from a standard set of components, not that I'm here to dig for X or build a colony or etc But it is amazing sometimes, I was at an abandoned weapons plant nearby a main mission area and the plant WAS HUGE, it felt like an Metal Gear play set which would be the whole size of the game like Ground Zeroes BUT WAY LARGER and the graphics were amazing. I fought a bunch of Ecliptic and looted etc

Yeah it's amazing and I am trying to get in as much as possible since my free time is going to be much less once I get back to work, no choice too many bills to be paid, too much debt I'm not going to have time for gaming too much and probably anything else but working for wages sucks.

Hertzian56, Sep 9, 2023
Ask a Question