Startup entries in msconfig

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by villasbill, Feb 3, 2010.

1. villasbill

villasbill

Hi all-- Does anyone else with a 751 h have the following entries in msconfig? They all seem to be related to Asian language or translation functions in Office,Outlook or IE.

IMJPMIG

IMSCINST

TINTSETP

TINTSETP

I was planning on unchecking these entries and wanted to check here to see if anyone else has done this and what the results were.

Thanx
    villasbill

villasbill, Feb 3, 2010
  2. villasbill

Eosblue

Are you using the preinstalled Windows XP? I'm using Win 7 with a clean install on a clean HD so I don't have ANY of the Acer crapware on my system.

FWIW, in the past I've found that undeleting items in msconfig leads to a popup box when booting that asks "do you want to ignore" items in msconfig. I hate these kind of messages.

And yes, it does appear to have something to do with MS if you google "tintsetp". As to whether it slows your Acer down, I haven't a clue.

Eosblue, Feb 3, 2010
  3. villasbill

villasbill

Eosblue-- I finally got around to adding my info in a signature. Yes I am using preloaded XP home,160GB hardrive & 1 GB RAM.
    I uninstalled the Powerdvd program, acer games and game console,google toolbar so far. Just looking to get rid of some of this preloaded stuff I don"t need. I"m always a little leery about changing or uninstalling Microsoft stuff since it sometimes gets its hooks deep into the operating system.
    There is also a lot of Windows Live stuff on here I"ll probably never use and might try uninstalling in the future,also see MSN stuff on here I don"t think I'll need. Unless someone on here advises otherwise I'll uncheck those 4 entries and post back after the weekend with results.

villasbill

villasbill, Feb 4, 2010
  4. villasbill

villasbill

Well I uninstalled those 4 entries in startup and haven't had any adverse reactions. Also still have the same number of processes and same resource usage showing in Windows taskmanager before and after. I'm thinking these might be leftover entries from the preloaded Office 60 day trial version that I uninstallled shortly after I got the netbook.

villasbill

villasbill, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question