STILL BS customer service(180048 I/O error)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ABSDoug, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

"A patch for Network Manager(180048)" still give me a I/O error! I saw someone else posting a different # for a similar d/l but this one is STILL wrong. How long does it take Acer to realize there is a mistake in the file name??

ABSDoug, Jun 3, 2009
  2. ABSDoug

dude

Probably longer than it takes for you to solve the problem without their help :D

1. Open Live update so that you see the available patches but don't click update.
    2. Open terminal and type cd /var/cache/online-updater/. In this directory you will find the file that has an incorrect space in it.
    3. Rename the file so that it no longer contains the space.
    4. Go back to Live update window and click update and wait for it to install.
    5. After it has installed successfully open the file /var/lib/online-updater/installed-success.log with an editor.
    6. Find the patch name that you just installed. It should be at the end of the file. Add an extra space after the name and save the file. (if you have tried the update several times the file will contain more than one line with the patch name)
    7. Open Live update again and verify that the patch is no longer available as it is installed successfully.

Cheers

dude, Jun 4, 2009
  3. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

Thanks, & of course you're right -- it was quicker to fix myself. But really, how hard is it for Acer to get this right? Must have a few people giving up on this Linpus & maybe Linux altogether & that is a shame.

ABSDoug, Jun 7, 2009
Ask a Question