Stop: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sramamur, Aug 29, 2010.

1. sramamur

sramamur

It is the BSOD on our ACER AOA 150 netbook (Windows XP Home) with the error:
    STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The windows Lonon Process System Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0xoooooooo 0xoooooooo) The system has been shut down.

Unfortunately our netbook is out of warranty. Also we did not receive original Windows XP CD when we purchased the system.

We have tons of photo from a recent trip which we do not want to lose by doing a system revovery.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this error will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Sridhar.

sramamur, Aug 29, 2010
  2. sramamur

Swarvey Moderator

try getting a hold of an XP Home CD, I think you'll need an OEM disk for yours. And an external DVD-RW drive. Boot from the disk and choose the second repair option. The first repair option takes you to the recovery console (you don't want that), the second repair option will attempt to reinstall windows over itself.

Check out this Microsoft site for more info.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

Swarvey, Aug 29, 2010
  3. sramamur

sramamur

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I have ordered the recovery CDs from Acer and will try with an external Cd/DVD drive once I get the discs. Because I am out of warranty period, I had to buy the recovery CDs.

Thanks, Sridhar.

sramamur, Aug 30, 2010
  4. sramamur

Swarvey Moderator

Just be careful with the recovery CD's. I've never used them so don't know if there's an option to restore the machine while saving your files. Which is why I suggested using an actual Windows XP CD.

Swarvey, Aug 30, 2010
Ask a Question