stop uncontrolled touchpad scrolling

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MobileMan, Feb 17, 2009.

1. MobileMan

MobileMan

Sorry if this is dumb or simple, but my settings touchpad control doesn't open and I don't see anything on the extended menu mouse settings that would stop this:: the touchpad scrolling the page instead of moving the cursor: erratically and uncontrollably- it goes off, it goes on, and drives me crazy, cause it makes it very hard to click on anything when he page keeps rolling

AAO 110 ZG5 Linpus, 8g SSD, 4g extended, VLC player, Skype, all linpus updates, some fedora programs

MobileMan, Feb 17, 2009
  2. MobileMan

gibigi

hello!did you solve your problem in teh meantime? I have the same one. I've been suggested to format the PC and re-install teh software, but I'm reluctant to run this operation, as I'm not expert at all.
    thank you for leting me know , if you have any suggestion.

gibigi, Feb 20, 2009
  3. MobileMan

MobileMan

touchpad dead

Now its got worse. Was doing wifi in Egypt and the touchpad just died- cursor is in middle of screen and doesn't move. Mouse works OK, but was so inactive thought whole thing fried. I have never been able to open the touchpad settings- it just flashes open for 1/2 second and closes. Any ideas folks- I aint going to reformat

MobileMan, Mar 23, 2009
  4. MobileMan

MobileMan

I found the solution to the problem which apparently isn't- thanks to all the wizards who must know this- the RIGHT SIDE (1/3) OF THE TOUCHPAD SCREEN CAUSES SCROLLING OF PAGE rather than cursor (on many ACERs). The middle or left side moves cursor without scrolling. Still it is annoying- I'd rather shut it off. I read all the manuals and never saw one word about this

MobileMan, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question