Storage expansion and suspend

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mh-, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mh-

mh-

I have /home mounted on a SDHC card in the expansion slot. It works just fine. So does suspending.

I created the ext2 filesystem on the device (/dev/mmcblk0) rather than a partition. Not quite sure why it prevents things from blowing up (and don't remember why I decided to try it), but it has worked for some time. Neither suspend nor accidentally ejecting the card has killed the filesystem on it.

Previously I tried compiling a kernel with CONFIG_MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME but that only fixes suspending. Something happens to push against the card (causing it to eject) and the filesystem's gone.

xfs and reiserfs survived ejects, but for some reason suspend didn't work with either of them. Didn't investigate this further since I got ext2 working ;). May be a possible solution if you need more than one partition on the card tho.

mh-, Jan 20, 2009
  2. mh-

Joeb

What kernel are you using?

Joeb, Jan 23, 2009
  3. mh-

mh-

Standard Ubuntu-lpia kernel in 8.10

mh-, Jan 23, 2009
Ask a Question