storage expansion issues

Discussion in 'Linux' started by shortbus, Dec 2, 2008.

1. shortbus

shortbus

hey, i've looked around and can't find anything on this specific issue. i'm using a 4gb schd card in the storage expansion slot in the base linpus installation. when i boot, this card doesn't attach itself to the internal disk, but instead appears as a separate drive labeled sd/mmc card. if i mess around with the card, it attaches itself to the internal drive.

initially, after boot, the simple view of thunar shows 6.4 gigs available in the internal drive. switching to advanced view shows 6.4 gigs in the internal drive and 3.6 gigs in the sd/mmc card. ejecting the sd/mmc card and switching back to simple view shows 10.0 gigs in the internal drive and an accompanying message saying that the card has been been successfully used in storage expansion.

is there any way to make the card attach itself to the internal drive at boot without going through this process?

shortbus, Dec 2, 2008
  2. shortbus

ste5442

Hi Shortbus,

I have the same problem - I need to switch to advanced view mode to make the sd card visible and then switch back to standard mode. Once I switch back to standard mode the sd card has expanded the memory (as it should at boot but doesn't for some reason!).

Any ideas anyone ;-)

S.

ste5442, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question