Strange Counter Strike Source Crash

Discussion in 'Windows' started by thepezking639, Dec 8, 2008.

1. thepezking639

thepezking639

Hi, i just bought a new Acer Aspire one, and was thoroughly impressed, i decided to put it through its paces and install Counter Strike Source on it, to see what this little guy could do. but after the loading splash screen, i keep getting a Memory could not be Read At xxxxxxxxxx error. this is a common error for machines with bad memory, i have heard reports of people running CSS on these things without any mods or any strange drivers. it bothers me that the program isnt running at all. im thinking i may have a defective unit, and as i have no way to boot into dos for a proper memory test, im kind of boned, and im looking for opinions of people who know more about this little computer wonder than i do.

thepezking639, Dec 8, 2008
  2. thepezking639

thepezking639

well, i got CSS and HL2 to run, however i get occasional memory read crashes after loading, i think this stems from the Intel IGP drivers that use floating memory allocation for 3d apps, then the source engine tries to use the ram for the program and cant.

im trying to find a solution to that, and possibly making CSS playable on the one. i can already get 30-ish fps on ice world.

also can anyone rectify how Quake 3 runs beautifully, but the orginal half life games run like poo, even though they are derivatives of the QUAKE 2 engine! i am only able to get 20-30 fps out of CS:CZ and TF2. :-(

thepezking639, Dec 8, 2008
  3. thepezking639

HyeVltg3

WAIT! TF2 works on the One? I thought all Source Engine games poop out on the One!!!

HyeVltg3, Dec 13, 2008
Ask a Question