Strange effect with Nokia 5800

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Artyom, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Artyom

Artyom

Hello there,

I have just discovered a very strange effect. So I took my Nokia 5800 and just slightly slid it over the left part of my Acer Aspire One(very first edition). The result was that my laptop just went into Standby mode! Everytime I did so my laptop reacted in the same manner! I wonder if anyone can try the same and describe what happened! So you have to slide your phone with its backside and just exactly to the left of the touchpad where you have some stickers with logo of Windows and Intel! Slide it in all possible directions!

Regards.

Artyom, Jan 23, 2010
  2. Artyom

Artyom

I have just checked this with my Nokia E51 and it also worked! So now we should check whether it works on all Acers or only on mine?

Artyom, Jan 23, 2010
  3. Artyom

JerryP

Does your Nokia contain some sort of magnet? The lid closed sensor is near the left front corner of the AA1-ZG5 (and maybe other models). If you slide any magnet around in that area you'll trigger it and cause whatever action is set for lid close events.
    BTW try sliding something made of iron or steel along the top left corner of the display bezel and you'll find the magnet in the lid that triggers the lid closed switch.

JerryP, Jan 25, 2010
  4. Artyom

Artyom

Ok thanks for info! That explains why such effect happens with my Nokia 5800!

Artyom, Jan 26, 2010
Ask a Question