Stranger device manager in XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kastnerd, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Kastnerd

Kastnerd

I opened up device manager i find it odd that there are 2 display adapters, 3 monitors, and 2 CPU's listed. Can we disable any of these?

Kastnerd, Sep 17, 2008
  2. Kastnerd

Biostem

They're probably just duplicates. Did you install using a full-fledged XP CD or did you use one of the xplite/tiny xp versions? Also, were there any errors or crashes during the initial install of XP? While you can certainly make the attempt to remove the unnecessary or duplicate entries, I would create a restore point before you do so, just in case something goes wrong...

Biostem, Sep 18, 2008
  3. Kastnerd

Kastnerd

This is on the 120gig XP aao so windows came installed. i have done all the windows updates and driver updates. Its been a few weeks of using it. im not sure witch ones to remove.

Kastnerd, Sep 18, 2008
  4. Kastnerd

daymz

The two CPUs is normal as the Atom has hyper-threading and is considered a dual core by XP.

I also had the 2 Intel VGA chipsets, and the 3 monitors. That is on XP Pro SP3.

I deleted all instances of the monitors, rebooted, and redetected hardware changes, and I'm back with 3 monitors. I stopped caring at that point.

daymz, Sep 18, 2008
  5. Kastnerd

Daijoubu

I guess one is the built-in LCD, the 2 others are either VGA and DVI/TV (even though we don't have the connectors for them)

Daijoubu, Sep 18, 2008
  6. Kastnerd

Kastnerd

Should i remove or disable them? do you also have 2 video controllers?

Kastnerd, Sep 19, 2008
  7. Kastnerd

Daijoubu

Yes, that's the normal behavior for graphics cards that support multiple outputs

Daijoubu, Sep 20, 2008
Ask a Question