Streaming audio

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Rochester, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Rochester

Rochester

When I try listening to a radio station streaming on my AAO, it goes fine until after about 15 minutes some sort of screen saver comes on complete with Acer ads...just touching a key returns things to normal but it is annoying. I've tried adjusting the settings in the power center and display, without success....how do I rid myself of this problem ?

Rochester, Mar 2, 2009
  2. Rochester

solpuerto

Hi Rochester

If the "Add's" you are referring to are pictures of the Aspire that is probably Acer's default screensaver.
    You can deactivate it under Display Preferences and then Screensaver.
    I notice you mention "settings in the power center and display" so if you have tried what I am suggesting, sorry.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Mar 2, 2009
  3. Rochester

JL2652000

Hi Rochester,

I had the same problem. Go to "display settings" "screensaver" preferences and drag the slider to the far right "regard the computer as idle after 2 hours". I also deselected "enable autosuspend" in the powersave settings. Mine doesn't go idle anymore. I use Fn F6 to turn off the monitor when I'm streaming audio. Now I'll buy an FM transmitter so that I can livestream to any room!

JL2652000

JL2652000, Mar 25, 2009
  4. Rochester

Aspiration

It would be interesting to see if anyone has been able to stream to an airport extreme.

Aspiration, Apr 1, 2009
Ask a Question