Stuck on Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Linux' started by superbad1313, Dec 5, 2008.

1. superbad1313

superbad1313

So I made the mistake of shutting the AA1 down with the power button and I ended up with the black screen with only the working mouse cursor. I tried all solutions posted in the forums but could not get anything to work. After I restarted just now, I'm stuck on the Aspire One splash screen. Any suggestions? Even if there is some way to access my files before having to do a fresh install, that would be all I need. Help, Linux experts!

superbad1313, Dec 5, 2008
  2. superbad1313

RockDoctor

You could try booting from a live USB stick opening a terminal window, and typing
    Code:
    sudo e2fsck /dev/sda

RockDoctor, Dec 5, 2008
  3. superbad1313

superbad1313

Does it matter what distro I do that in? I have an external CD-ROM drive and a systemrescuecd burned. When I try typing that in terminal it gives me

zsh: correct 'sudo' to '_sudo' [nyae]?
    I hit anything and it gives me

zsh: command not found: sudo

4. superbad1313

rbil

With the systemrescuecd you should automatically login as root, so there is no need to use sudo. Just do the commands you want to do.

Cheers.

rbil, Dec 5, 2008
  5. superbad1313

superbad1313

Wow that actually worked. Thanks a ton, saved me a lot of redoing paperwork!!!! You guys rock!

6. superbad1313

lolknight

I'm trying to do the same thing, but my linpus is installed on a SDHC connected via USB card reader. With the entire drive (including swap partition) unmounted, I get the error:

Code:
    e2fsck 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
    e2fsck: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...
    e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdb

The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
         e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
    When I try that command, I get the device/resource busy error, although nothing is using the drive

Any ideas?

edit:
    I tried

Code:
    sudo e3fsck /dev/sdb1
    and it returns

Code:
    linpus: clean, 77240/1876800 files, 693549/3749116 blocks
    I still hang at the blue screen when I try to boot linpus from the sdhc card though.

lolknight, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question