Stupid Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mordo, Jul 27, 2008.

1. mordo

mordo

Hello,
    Please excuse me for bad English, but I am from Bulgaria. On 25.07.2008 I buy Acer Aspire One - 512 Mb Ram, 8Gb SSD, attracted by the reviews on the Internet and, most of the good price, which was sold in Bulgaria - around 300 EUR. AO - 110 arrived with Linpus Linux - nelosha distribution. The problem is that does not support bulgarian for writing, so was need to install Win XP SP 2. I found drivers (thanks to your forum), everything went normal ..I was a great surprise when I found that Aspire One is not working as it should - although it is only 512 Mb RAM was become thoughtful at work, regardless of what applications use. I do not know where is the problem, but I believe that by Acer have reasons .... I have and ASUS EEE PC 701 - also with 512 Mb RAM - goes well and not torment itself. A processor is the old Intel Celeron (Donath) 900 MHz. I have read the topic for various SSD memories - my Aspire One is the memory of Intel-SSDPAM0008G1EA. I am furious and disappointment :(

mordo, Jul 27, 2008
  2. mordo

ronmexico

Sorry to hear of your troubles friend it really is sad Acer is using two SSD's i got the samsung SSD and XP sp3 runs great ocassional stall but very usable XP netbook you guys with intel SSD should send it to Acer and try to demand a samsung drive or at least call them voice your opinion they MAY do something for you.

ronmexico, Jul 27, 2008
  3. mordo

rjm

Ok, but what was wrong with it? You didn't say.

If it's just sluggish, its probably the slow solid state disk drive, and perhaps the fact that the installation of XP was not optimised for the Atom platform, as it is when you buy a netbook with XP preinstalled. I

The AA1's Atom should definitely be of higher performance than the underclocked Celeron used in many of the early eee Pcs. Running XP on the flash based units is not such a great idea, however.. those 3MB/s write times for a disk access heavy OS like XP are going to be a severe bottleneck. A 2.5" notebook drive is generally going to give much, much faster I/O.

rjm, Jul 27, 2008
  4. mordo

mordo

:) Thank you friends. Unfortunately, here in Bulgaria Acer haven't images of manifucter of quality products. Their notebooks often damaging. I can not figure out something. Years after processor Donath Atom is performing extremely poorly. And something more important - how from Acer are permitted to offer its worldwide product with the operating system, which is not suitable for all users? When Aspire One worked under Linpus Linux I could only use the Latin writing (English). There is a possibility to write Russian, but the layout of the keyboard of Russian and Bulgarian is radically different. This was the reason to install Win XP.

mordo, Jul 27, 2008
  5. mordo

zaphod

zaphod, Jul 27, 2008
  6. mordo

Verbl Kint

I have the slower SSD but havent had problems yet.

Verbl Kint, Jul 28, 2008
  7. mordo

komodo

Tonight, I am checking the SSD in my One. Which I just got yesterday :ugeek:

And it is the slow one....with the better battery... :|

komodo, Jul 28, 2008
  8. mordo

iffi

The solution is the same as in Asus EEE PC. It is described here :)

iffi, Jul 31, 2008
Ask a Question