Sugar spilled on the keyboard

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ishiverwhenipee, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

I spilled a small packet of splenda sugar on the Keyboard. My OCD kicked in high gear and I have used up 2 cans of air duster already to blow the keyboard. I've also vacuumed the keyboard for a good 10 minutes. My question is, if you look at the pics that I took, are those sugar granules stucked or are they part of the keyboard. Can someone please check their white AA1. Thanks. :?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ishiverwhenipee, Aug 27, 2008
  2. ishiverwhenipee

PrincessNybor

Those are most likely remnants of your Splenda spill, but I doubt they will cause much of an issue. If it does bother you, it's pretty easy to remove the keyboard, so you could remove those remaining few granules. You just need to *carefully* push back on the three black tabs on the far side of the keyboard (nearest the screen).

Beware, however, that I have taken both my previous A110 and my current A150 apart, and both times the left-most keyboard tab got stuck under the notification lights. It is not a huge issue, but it does create a bit more "play" in the upper left of the keyboard. If this is an OCD issue, you might weigh the benefits of removing the Splenda over the drawbacks of having a stuck keyboard tab!

PrincessNybor, Aug 27, 2008
  3. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

I bought 3 additional cans of air duster and vacuumed it for 20 mins and it seems like it is part of the keyboard. I also tried slipping a fine piece of paper and it won't budge. :x

4. ishiverwhenipee

darkwing602

Try a few more cans of air duster.

darkwing602, Aug 27, 2008
  5. ishiverwhenipee

millerm277

That must have cost you $20 in air dusters by now to try to remove that granule. :lol: Anyway, my suggestion would be to get a small pin, slip it into that little slot (since it should fit), and "pop" the granule out.

millerm277, Aug 27, 2008
  6. ishiverwhenipee

ruckus

Look at the bright side, you're A1 is even sweeter now with no extra calories!

Seriously though, to me it looks like it could be part of the keyboard (i can't check mine because i don't have one yet!). I'm usually pretty anal about stuff like that but even I'd let this one slide.

ruckus, Aug 27, 2008
  7. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

Oh man this is stressful. The nearest Circuit City in my area is 25 miles away and I might end up returning it to Circuit City to get another one :? My OCD is 120% now. :?

8. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

update:
    I finally decided to open up the Acer and found out it was part of the bezel around the keyboard...whooo hoo! ;)

9. ishiverwhenipee

rebuilder

if they don't move when you push them with a card or a pin, then they're most likely not sugar, and are therefore part of the keyboard. In fact, I seem to have similar little protrusions at the same places on my blue AA1.

rebuilder, Aug 27, 2008
  10. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

I learned that there's no need to unscrew all the bottom screws of acer, you just push the 3 black tabs on the keyboard to remove the keyboard assembly.

ishiverwhenipee, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question