Super Key in Linux?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by the803, Jun 10, 2009.

1. the803

the803

Hey guys,
    I'm running CrunchBang Linux and the 'Super Key' doesn't work. It's meant to be the 'Windows' key as far as I know but it does not work.
    Any way to make it work?
    Thanks!

the803, Jun 10, 2009
  2. the803

nicholson

Any response to this ?
    What is the superkey on the AAO ?

I am trying to get the negatove screen command to work (should be Superkey+M) but i cant figure out what is the super key ?

n

nicholson, Jun 24, 2009
  3. the803

the803

I found out that it was the 'Windows' key.
    It wasn't working initially but all of a sudden it started working =S

the803, Jun 24, 2009
  4. the803

nicholson

I read the 'windows' key being indicated as the key with the house on it , Acer keyboard, bottom left. But i found that key acts as a 'return-to-desktop' shortcut when ever i press it, making it impossible to use as a combination key (eg. home key+M ).

Are you saying use the '=' key with the 's' key when you write =s is the superkey - cant say it's doing anything for me

If anyone can help - take a look at the short cuts indicated in the > advanced drop down menu > settings > CompizConfig settings manager > negative (or indeed any of the filters in CompizConfig) > actions > general tab > under 'key' .....and see...... that the hot keys require the super key+ M or N (in the case of the negative filter) and tell me how i can get this negative filter working because i cant for the life of me figure it out.

Much obliged to anybody....thnx v. v.

n

nicholson, Jun 25, 2009
Ask a Question